المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : لينكس RedHat Linux Installation

Haydukeous
30-01-2004, 01:56 AM
Hi there
when i tried to install linux on my pc , i faced some troubles, well, i waited after exams to deal with these troubles, after exams i did buy a new CD's for red hat linux 9;
they all pass the media test;
and when i tried to install it on my pc, the installtion started and after transfering the image to the harddisk and start copying , the package installtion used to terminate telling me there is a media fail or lack of space :s , so i guess the problem with my hard disk, but it is a new maxtor 60 GB 7200 RPM and the CD rom is a new ASUS 52x
and the free space on my disk is 7.5 GB , linux will use this free space
the bad thing is that
every time linux check my harddisk it tell me there is an allocation table that it could not understant , it is the allocation table of windows 98, every time i make it ignore this error;
last time i picked "cancel" -> "do not ignore" ---------------- and that ----------> make me lost all data on my hard disk , i was an idiot
and that made the 60 GB free space, the bad thing that i was working on some working projects and did not deliver it yet, i lost all my work (((
well, i went in a bad situation , after awhile i tried to re install the linux on the freeeeeeeeeeeeeee harddisk
, BUT :'( t he installtion terminate for the 1003899494 th time , keeping in mind , all cd's did pass the media test
at last, i reinstalled MS windows again (( and send this message
any one help
Never Say Die

------------
My PC is
60 GB Maxtor 7200 RPM
Processor 1000 MHZ
128 MB RAM
Asus 52x CD-ROM

Well, I guess i have a problem with partitioning the harddisk;
i have 7.2 GB free space for linux
when i allow the linux to autopartioning
it make 101 MB /boot partition
and 250 MB Swap
and all the rest for / Partition
but the same happen, after start the installation; and copying the packages ; the installation terminate and give me the message that it terminated because of media fail or lack for space and/or hardware problems
- The CD's passed the media check then the media is good
- There is 6 GB for the "/" partition
tell me what to do,
I am really want to change my PC life to forget all about MS
But these problems make me feel bad
Regards
Wael Ali,