المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : All what we need is CHAT

TheDestroyer
19-12-2004, 08:27 PM
The idea is basically a chat everyone can post an idea , topic or an event he learned something from it and others can reply to that

So let's start this

:biggthump

McMaster
19-12-2004, 10:37 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Dear destroyer, I just wanted to be the first one reply:) .. anyway It's really such a nice idea.... see , Why we don't talk about the English curriculum being applied in our schools.... why the most of our students have always been complaining from the English calsses ... Is the English books need to be revised..??? or should we hire better teachers??? Are our teachers qualified enoughto teach English as a foreign language??? or mybe the students think that English is a complicated language and it should be taught only in the universities

I hope I could choose the right subject....

TheDestroyer
19-12-2004, 10:54 PM
A very interesting topic :biggthump I have to say and I think :06: that the problem lies in the number of classes of English a week it's a very small number compared to the number of Arabic classes a week and this in turn drives less attention to the English

do you agree

:icon6:

Anas4ever
20-12-2004, 04:30 AM
The problem lies in the techers themselves .. They speak Arabic in the class ..

TheDestroyer
20-12-2004, 05:11 PM
The problem lies in the techers themselves .. They speak Arabic in the class ..

This is also an important point but they are doing so because must of the class does not understand English and thus they have to keep explainning basics :31:

I think it's going to be better if they just seperate the people in groups so that teachers know that their students have a good level of English or not

McMaster
20-12-2004, 05:41 PM
يسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Dear destroyer ... I , somehow, agree with you... but I think increasing the quantity of the classes is not a solution , it's will not work as long as the students can't interact on them. here in my country the students in the secondary school -high school - have six English classes a week , but most of them have some kind of comprehension porblem.... they can't understand what is being said by the teachers. So even if you give them a full day class, the problem will still remaining , it just like talking to a deaf man ... if you talk to him for one minute or one day , it's will not make any difference because he will not understand you .... One more thing, what do we really have in our classrooms to get the students attention ??? we have nothing !!! ... in the professional institutes , the English classroom is well equipped with the necessary tools , such as , radio with cassette recorder to play the educational tapes to improve their listening comprehension skill . In addition, they -the professional institutes - use the contemporary methods and strategies of teaching English ,for example, using the internet as a main resourse to get any piece of information. actually they don't depend on the books for every thing. the student has to learn the language on his own with some support by the administrators

TheDestroyer
20-12-2004, 05:57 PM
you do have a point with that >>>wish leaves us with less options with people who don't want to learn the language or don't have any interest in it

~~I will come back later sorry ~~~~:icon6:

McMaster
20-12-2004, 07:05 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Mr.Anas4ever ... Your point about the teachers is , in somehow, correct ... but they can't be the only reason for the students failure . Yes, their duty is to teach English with the all possible resources honestly and sincerely , but if the students can't or don't want to understand , it's now , for sure, not their responsibility . We can't blame one side ... you know ... I think the Ministry of Education and the student's parent and the teaching stuff , in addition to the students themselves are all - in different ways - involved in this matter ... what do you think

TheDestroyer
20-12-2004, 07:14 PM
teaching people who don't want to learn anything about the subject is really the hardest situation a teacher can face

so we have to start from the inside(building motives first)then we can teach them

I tried this with my young sisters I gave them a list of colors and I asked them to memorize it(of course they did not care and ignored the subject) they don't want to do it if there is no motives so I made them compete with each other or in other words I made it a competition and in know time they memorized it both spoken and written

try it out

:D :D

what do you think

:أفكر:

McMaster
20-12-2004, 07:27 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

:17: :( :( Dear destroyer... I don't have sisters

Just kidding... my dear, your idea to encourage your sisters was grate... this is what i'm talking about ... and that's what we really need in our schools.

TheDestroyer
20-12-2004, 07:55 PM
it is so difficult to motivate so many people in a very short time (like the class time) so teachers can only rely on the student parents because they are the perfect choice to motivate their children's to learn English since they know the interests of their childs they only have to link them to the English language in some way

do you agree

McMaster
20-12-2004, 11:14 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Dear destroyer .... parents can't do everything , the responsibilities should be equally shared between the school and the home. which means , parents should provide the proper environment for their sons or daughters , including the required tools , such as , books, English printed materials and finally send the some afternoon English courses in a professional institute if possible. On the other hand, teachers should change their way of teaching ... I don't exactlly how but they should do something about it ... In fact, lecturing for 45 minutes is something really boring , students will get sick ..teachers should let the students interact with them by making competitions or games between the class member or between two classes ... just to shake things up and change the routine... what do you think

Anas4ever
21-12-2004, 05:55 AM
My dears, when the teacher speaks English to the students for the first time, they can't understand anything of course but they will improve their English day by day. This is what we do when we study in the U.S, the U.K, Canada or wherever.

Anas4ever
21-12-2004, 06:01 AM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Dear destroyer .... parents can't do everything , the responsibilities should be equally shared between the school and the home. which means , parents should provide the proper environment for their sons or daughters , including the required tools , such as , books, English printed materials and finally send the some afternoon English courses in a professional institute if possible. On the other hand, teachers should change their way of teaching ... I don't exactlly how but they should do something about it ... In fact, lecturing for 45 minutes is something really boring , students will get sick ..teachers should let the students interact with them by making competitions or games between the class member or between two classes ... just to shake things up and change the routine... what do you think

I think the most important thing is to practice the conversation in the class.

TheDestroyer
21-12-2004, 08:35 AM
practicing conversations in the class will only help you with your general use of the language I think that reading a lot of English articles builds all the traits together(your grammer ,reading,writting,vocabulary and oral skills)