المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : oO$ Quarter-life Crisis..? $Oo

dream catcher
06-12-2007, 04:23 PM
This is copied..

why...?
I just felt like more people should read this (&)t
enjoy

They call it the "Quarter-life Crisis." It is when you stop going along with the crowd and start realizing that there are many things about yourself that you didn't know and may not like.

You start feeling insecure and wonder where you will be in a year or two, but then get scared because you barely know where you are now. You start realizing that people are selfish and that, maybe, those friends that you thought you were so close to aren't exactly the greatest people you have ever met, and the people you have lost touch with are some of the most important ones.

What you don't recognize is that they are realizing that too, and aren't really cold, catty, mean or insincere but that they are as confused as you.

You look at your job... and it is not even close to what you thought you would be doing, or maybe you are looking for a job and realizing that you are going to have to start at the bottom and that scares you.

Your opinions have gotten stronger. You see what others are doing and find yourself judging more than usual because suddenly you realize that you have certain boundaries in your life and are constantly adding things to your list of what is acceptable and what isn't.

One minute, you are insecure and then the next, secure. You laugh and cry with the greatest force of your life.

You feel alone and scared and confused. Suddenly, change is the enemy and you try to cling on to the past with dear life, but soon realize that the past is drifting further and further away, and there is nothing to do but stay where you are or move forward.

You get your heart broken and wonder how someone you loved could do such damage to you. Or you lay in bed and wonder why you can't meet anyone decent enough that you want to get to know better.

Or maybe you love someone but love someone else too and cannot figure out why you are doing this because you know that you aren't a bad person.

Getting wasted and acting like an idiot starts to look pathetic.

You go through the same emotions and questions over and over, and talk with your friends about the same topics because you cannot seem to make a decision.

You worry about loans, money, the future and making a life for yourself......... and while winning the race would be great, right now you'd just like to be a contender! What you may not realize is that everyone reading this relates to it.

We are in our best of times and our worst of times, trying as hard as we can to figure this whole thing out

Depressing..?

I thought so too..
till I realized...unless you have a private jet, one smoking hot wife/husband, legion of exotic super fast cars and loads and loads of cash that you can actually swim in..
this Article will simply get into you and mess with your head..
you see, its just part of the human nature to look up.
your thoughts
!!?

Foxy.Rabbit
09-12-2007, 09:50 PM
nice !!
I think I might have something to say
b u t
I have to submit a paper for tomorrow's class ... and I'm a bit busy

I'll be back

dream catcher
09-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Will be waiting for you..

مستر حريقة
10-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Enough for me to say

... Nice article
:D It has its effects

And thank you catcher
:sadwavey:

Foxy.Rabbit
10-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Depressing..?

very !! tres, muy

but some of these concerns go through our minds almost daily wouldn't you agree ?

unless you have a private jet, one smoking hot wife/husband, legion of exotic super fast cars and loads and loads of cash that you can actually swim in

you have a weird way of thinking, I think those people are most to have this crisis
but I'm sure it wont about insecurity or even questioning their lives ...it has a more personal ...flavour

عضو موقوف

:bigeyes:
who did you kill this time !!
really sorry to hear that

http://www.sheknows.com/graphics/emoticons/flower2.gif

Amal Sayed
16-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Asslam Alikum
first of all , welcom back to me!
It's been a while

it is a really nice article Dream Catcher, you know I often get this bad feelings but a few years ago I read something in one of my favourt books I don't remmeber which it is but I remember the auther name I guess you know him , Ahamad Khaled he said once that you need only one person to believe in you and then you might believe in yourself and before you know it bunch of people will believe in you
when I get a bad feeling about life I just think of my sister in law, a great woman who certinly believe in me.. and who I wouldn never doubt her love to me and this would give me the strength to move on!
find someone believe in you and trust me your life will be much easier

fee aman allah

:: HiDEY ::
17-12-2007, 06:39 PM
dream catcher, I believe in you
:D

No. Really! .. I do

I only wish I can choke this negativity out of you

Prespective
Look at life the way it would make you feel good
Wishing for this or that will do you no good
Ambition+ACTION ----> Ka-Ching

I don't dream of a wealthy hunky husband
Actually, I don't WISH .. for someone like that
I just dream of him
Tall
Dark
Handsome
LOADED
Romantic
Sensitive
Honeymoon in a private island
Shopping in Paris
Dining in Rome
Hey!! GUY!.. this is only a dream
Reality is much different
I don't want to have anything to do with anyone who has more money than he knows what to do with. I don't wanna end up with someone who's so into himself cause he's pretty. I don't want all that pleasure in life.. I want ..little of it.. that it won't make me forget my duties as a MUSLIM

Money makes poeple crazy about life

Can't live with it
Can't live without it

Oh, I so want you, Prada
:(
>> :D

We are in our best of times and our worst of times, trying as hard as we can to figure this whole thing out

I can work as an example for that
I am not saying this to show of or anything.. but, poeple change
I am so much different than what I used to be 3 years ago
I have stronger openions
I thing about things deeper than I should
I think of the future
I am just so different that it's becoming hard for somepeople to open up to me and tell me things

At first I thought it was good that things are changing and I felt so great about the way things were. But life is reality. reality doesn't come with the same package as rainbows and ponies. poeple are different.. some become jealouse.. some competitive.. some ashamed and others impressed

Why can't things be so simple
?
:12:

Optimism is the way to go.. not too much of it though << WOW That rhymes :09:
and live happily ever after.. not really

I have to stop for now cause I really had nothing to do the past hour and now im just kinda tired of typing and I wanna watch

(the following is between me and dream catcher .. nosey poeple.. BUTT OFF)
Imma watch Gilmore Girls season 7 the final episode

dream catcher
23-12-2007, 12:29 PM
damn!! this is awesome..
will get some rest and be back for all those really interesting comments

dream catcher
23-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Nakash

you're welcome, bro..

Foxy.

but some of these concerns go through our minds almost daily wouldn't you agreethat is why this article is so effective..
you read it and you go like :" hey!! thats my life you talking about yo.."

you have a weird way of thinking, I think those people are most to have this crisis
but I'm sure it wont about insecurity or even questioning their lives ...it has a more personal ...flavourWHUUU...??!!
why is that..? I mean I know the whole private jet thing is over the top..
but..I think you get the basic idea...and it ain't that weird
(&)
having money = feeling secure
we live in a very expensive and material world
and it would be nice if you can sleep at night without having to worry about
how the heck will you pay for your college fees !! right..?

who did you kill this time !!
really sorry to hear thatthats a bit old now (&)
thanks anyway

Amal

3alikum asslam
yes I red the book you talking about, and if I remember correctly he said it was a song he heard in a kids show..and maybe its true, it helps to boost your self confidence, having people who believe in you I mean..
take me as an example..
since I was a kid and everybody is telling that I'm gonna make it, in what exactly..? nobody ever knew for sure, what they all knew was this -according to them- I've what it takes to succeed!!
days passed days, nights crawl over nights and years screw over years..
and now I look back and I think..what is it that I had back then and I don't have anymore..?
and the answer is...nothing

what it takes to succeed in high school ain't even close to what you need to "survive" in real life
being creative and smart don't mean jack in real life if you don't have something to back them up with..

loaded or well connected father can do you good beyond any degree!!
and you end up seeing those nut jobs you used to make fun of back in college or high school enjoying their lives and setting in positions you know they don't have what it takes to fill, whereas you -the straight A student- are "standing still"..

feeling like life is passing by you and you can't do a damn thing about it.

so, believe you ME amal..
people having faith in you can drive you crazy!

Hidey

thanks a bunch girl
you're an angel :)

but I'm not all that cynical you know..
a wise man once said : " From great complications great implications emerge"..I don't know who said it but..you can say that about me these days

the problem is you got to know me in the most miserable chapter in my life
I'm not a downhearted person..just still overwhelmed and confused by my situation and
sometimes I send the wrong vibe

Ambition+ACTION ----> Ka-Ching

now, I don't know much HiDEY..but I do know this and I'm drop dead certain
that formula is wrong...how do I know that..?
been t h e r e done t h a t ! !
and what did I get..? the FOOT!!
but hey, thats just me and my messed up life(&)

by the way: good luck finding your prince charming :P

I can work as an example for that
I am not saying this to show of or anything.. but, poeple change
I am so much different than what I used to be 3 years ago
I have stronger openions
I thing about things deeper than I should
I think of the future
I am just so different that it's becoming hard for somepeople to open up to me and tell me things

At first I thought it was good that things are changing and I felt so great about the way things were. But life is reality. reality doesn't come with the same package as rainbows and ponies. poeple are different.. some become jealouse.. some competitive.. some ashamed and others impressed

Why can't things be so simple
?
:12:

Optimism is the way to go.. not too much of it though << WOW That rhymes :09:
and live happily ever after.. not really

I have to stop for now cause I really had nothing to do the past hour and now im just kinda tired of typing and I wanna watch

T O T A L L Y N T U R A L !!

they say the age between 18 and 25 is when your personality takes its final form
you get more opinionated, independent, confident and out spoken
so...keep looking at it as a great thing

and like the wise Maron 5 once said my friend:

Its not always rainbows and butterflies its compromise that moves us along
(&)

have a good time with Rory and her mom

Cotton Candy
10-01-2008, 06:24 PM
This is copied

it deserves to be copied:o

and the people you have lost touch with are some of the most important ones.

i 've really expeienced the bad shit in my life that it should be written in the history<<believe me i'm not exaggerating

:

:squint:
Life is bitter sweet

i'm really impressed about your topic cause it makes me think about a lot of things in this life:biggthump

See you

dream catcher
10-01-2008, 09:27 PM
it :o

i 've really expeienced the bad $H!T in my life that it should be written in the history<<believe me i'm not exaggerating

:

:squint:

:smile:

:ponder:

:eek:

:bigeyes2:

:yikes:

Crap !!
Red code...
R E D C O D E !!
get down!!
take cover