المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : why english is difficult for Arab second vol.

hard times
07-02-2008, 03:58 AM
Good evening to everybody. It is my second subject in this great forum. I thank all the members who replied and wanted to know more. I tell them: I'm here for you and only for you so if you have any question in English and its literature I'm ready

Today topic is about why English is the most difficult language in the world. Indeed it is and it is not but I wrote it to gain your attention. I'll talk about the difficulties of English but first let me star by a short introduction of English language in history

As human being's language, language changes all the time. This happens without our awareness. I will part English to three parts
1- Old English
2- Middle English
3- Modern English
These are the three parts of English. If we look at them we find that they are ordered in a chronological order. What's unique in English is that each language (middle-old-modern) starts and ends in a piece of literature. The old English started when the Celtic (the original people of England) wrote their literature. So it started by the famous work which it is Beowulf and lasted till Chaucer and his famous work Canterbury tales. When Chaucer started his works it was written in the Middle English. The Middle English lasted till the born of Shakespeare. His works was written with the modern English. From this point the modern English starts till now. So now I will make a small classification to make the idea clear:
Old English (Beowulf 8th century)
Middle English (Chaucer 1387 13th century)
Modern English (Shakespeare 1564 the birth of Shakespeare )

Now after this boring introduction we come to the second part of my subject which it is the difficulties of English language. I prefer to count them first then I'll explain them one by one
1- English is not a morpho-syntactic language like Arabic
2- Words order
3- Non pronounced letters

First of all, English is not a morpho-syntactic language like Arabic .do you know what is the meaning of this term??? Don't get upset!!!!I'll explain it. it is the segmentation between the verb and pronoun. In Arabic we've no segmentation in its pronoun so we sayسألتهاbut in English we say I asked her. So (I) is separated from (asked) and from (her). It is the difference. So we realize that in our native language we have what we call morpho-syntactic rule but not in English. It is the reason when we as tyros (beginners of learning a language) of English we convey the meaning from the mother language to the second language without taking into consideration how does it shape

Secondly, word order is one of the problematic elements that makes English difficult for Arab learner a language. It is so because of the order of adjective, adverbs, verbs and even the pronouns differ from the Arabic language. In Arabic we use VSO sentence (Verb-Subject-Object) but in English we use SVO (Subject-Verb-object) and this is another difficulties of English language

Finally, the last difficulty is the non pronounced letters in English language. In English we pronounce not what we see but what the word is pronounce according to its nation. For example eight the /g/ and /h/ are not pronounced. Why we pronounce ph as /f/ why /g/ is not pronounced in foreign and why and why…..ETC.

I hope you liked my second subject will be on"the tree of languages"till that time I hope you all the best

I didn't revise it. Please correct me

I hope to see your replies as a sign of liking my topics and this will encourage me for writing more and more subjects

If you think you need to question about something I'm ready to answer you

Yours

HARD TIMES

Bye

hard times
18-02-2008, 05:45 PM
hi every one.really you let me down.i can't believe that all this efforts to read from references and then no one thank me.it is shame.don't thank me but tell me your opinion in my topic
sorry i won't write again if i see not replies
i wonder how about 80 members come by my topic and then no body said even a word

Foxy.Rabbit
19-02-2008, 09:57 AM
hard times, hard times, hard times

you're just so serious, too serious ..you're killing me !!
so people didn't reply, god bless 'em at least they read it

appreciating all the hard word you did but
I didn't read it, I might not do, at least for now,
am not that interested at the moment you know

so, here you go I replyed ..happy now

?

:ponder:

hard times
20-02-2008, 04:31 AM
:09::09::09:thank you very much for your reply
i'm the happiest person in the world.it is enough for me to reply i'm happy now.i'm not serious but i want to make you use of these topics
i'll laugh now.did you like it
:09::32::silly:see you

anasserge
20-02-2008, 03:09 PM
well foxy ... good luck with hard times
:D
and i just hope you won't do this:AR15firing: to yourself

and by the way
god bless the both of you:lmao:.l
oh god forgive me

bye bye

gadfani
25-02-2008, 05:28 AM
salam brothers , thank you very much for your effort , and else my question is how you make a good introdaction to any topic.
just i want to say that i just started learn english , i am sorry if i made a lot of mistake .and thanks brother again

hard times
26-02-2008, 06:53 AM
hi Godfani
thank you
if you want really to know how to read an eesay or a pargraph you have to read a book entitled a first step in Academic writing
it is a great book
if you don't have time i will tell you step by step because i have read this book
there are too many kind of introduction
1-you can start your topics by a small story which called anicdote
2-to bring some nimbers and facts through the history of youe topic
3-from general to more specific thing
and there are other kind
if you are interesting i will write a topic including hoe to write an essay or a paragraph
see you

ramyfathalla
26-02-2008, 02:09 PM
oh my dear firstly I thank you for everything but I have a notification for you
look my brother you should do everythings for God don't wait thanks from people but really you had made a good essay and you are a very good man I think you should write again and again and will return to you that my opinion.

hard times
26-02-2008, 08:10 PM
hi again i don't care i'm not waiting for a thank from you but i need to know how are my topics.whether they are good or not.if there are mistakes because i'm a human and it could be easy to have mistakes.i'm ready to help and write but i was down when i saw no responses.i thought first it is not interesting to write about language.that's all.i need to communicate with all members to know what they like and what they not because i'm still new in this forum.thank you again.i will start my next topic which it is about languages tree.i think it is an interesting subject because it shows you how one language is a kin to another.whether they are brothers,sisters,sibling,cousins or even father.......etc

floppy disk
23-03-2008, 03:54 PM
salam brothers
what is going on ?!
fighting is there?????:fight:

first, hard time- you have done something new and useful for most of us thanks for that
seconed ,do not upset wheather the members replied or not
it is ok maybe that you are still a fresh member (like me i have same as you)

that's all ......

Any buddy wants to fight ok, am ready and waitting you at fighting forum
:AR15firing:(no weapons ):banghead:

hard times
27-03-2008, 04:04 AM
hi Flopy Disc
thanks for your reply
i feel depressed because it is a huge number of members who read it
i had plans for more topics but this makes me not writing any other articles.i'm not writing here to see the reply but when man did well he waits the reactions of others
i don't see any reactions
i doubt that they understanded my topic.i'm writing now in new forum.there they can understand and appriciate my topic
i hope all the best in this forum
i'm ready to fight you

joking
see you