المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : ارجو المساعدة

جروح الأيام
06-04-2010, 07:09 PM
اريد تلخيص هذه الفقرة فقط 5 سطور + نقاش((opinion)) المعلومات التي بداخله ايضاً 5 الى سبع سطور
من يمكنه مساعدتي ؟؟ يرسل لي رسالة خاصة او يتواصل معي على بريدي الالكتروني

ارجوكم اخوتي في الله ساعدوني احتاجه ضروري
Software helps blind surf Net
The blind and the visually impaired will now be able to browse the Internet and work on computers through a new software solution. Sakhr Software Company (SSC) recently introduced its new Reading Machine System that reads computer and Internet-based information aloud.

The SSC and Dubai Press Club are organising a workshop which runs till Wednesday. It trains people to use Sakhr's bilingual Reading Machine System, an adaptive solution that enables the blind and partially sighted people to use computers. Mohammed Omar, Technical Support Manager at SSC, said: "There are 20 representatives of several institutions and centres for the visually impaired participating in the workshop, including the Emirates Society for Rehabilitation, Early Intervention Centre, Red Crescent Authority and UAE University. The workshop was held earlier in Syria, Oman, Qatar, Egypt and Saudi Arabia. We were happy at the participants' level of understanding and the will to learn. Some of them were considered computer illiterates, but after only two days they are working on computers through this unique programme.” At the end of the workshop each participant will receive a certificate in computer and Internet skills.

Luma Adnan Al Azzawi, Information Technology Manager of the Dubai Press Club, said: "The workshop takes forward the club's ongoing commitment to social and community causes. We hope the workshop will be informative and help the visually impaired to make optimum use of computers which have become almost indispensable tools in all spheres of modern life."

Maher Al Junaidy, Media and Editorial Manager of the company, said: "This is a unique workshop that aims at meeting the needs of various associations for the visually impaired. We are happy that the Press Club is sponsoring this event along with two of the biggest IT companies in UAE, HP and DTK Computers."

Mohammed said: "The programme includes the paper reader, the net reader, the screen reader, the e-mail reader as well as a tutorial that enables new visually impaired computer users to learn how to interact efficiently with the system without the help of people with normal sight".

The bilingual Reading Machine System is the first system developed to serve Arabic users. Anis Mansour, Senior Technical Support Executive from SSC, is conducting the workshop. "The advanced technology of Sakhr Company demonstrates its expertise in diverse domains and shows that its solutions are easy and simple for users."

The workshop is free of charge and in the end, each trainee gets a three-month free trial period. Salma Ali Saeed Al Kaabi, a UAE national teacher at the Fujairah Handicapped Centre, thanked the SSC and the club for giving the blind and the visually impaired an excellent opportunity to enhance their computer skills.

Saeed Ali Khalfan, a 32-year-old national employee at the Fujairah Court Department, said: "This new programme is the best chance for the blind and visually impaired to learn how to use the computer and the Internet. "At the Fujairah Courts I work on the Braille system, but today I learned to use the normal computer. This training programme fulfiled my dreams to use the computer and Internet as any normal individual."

A Syrian national, Mazen Mohammed Fawzi, 32, is a telephone operator at Fujairah International Airport. He expressed his gratitude to the SSC and the Dubai Press Club for providing him with the best means to master the computer and Internet, especially in Arabic.

المطلوب

· summarise the article in your own words – 1 paragraph

· discuss the ideas expressed in the article – 1 or 2 paragraphs

كيفية تقييم الدرجات:

Summary
6 marks for the topic + main idea
4 marks for relevant details

Discussion
6 marks for expressing and describing a relevant opinion
+ 2 marks for relating this to your own life, and/or giving detailed support to your opinion
+ 2 marks for considering wider (e.g. global or societal) implications

جروح الأيام
06-04-2010, 07:13 PM
كيفية تقييم الدرجات:

Summary
six marks for the topic + main idea
four marks for relevant details

Discussion
six marks for expressing and describing a relevant opinion
two marks for relating this to your own life, and/or giving detailed support to your opinion
two marks for considering wider (e.g. global or societal) implications

Levana
06-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Hello there,

Sorry I can't summarize this for you, I think you should do it by your self
if you don't know how to summarize read this, its very helpful

How to Summarize (http://www.class.uidaho.edu/adv_tech_wrt/resources/general/how_to_summarize.htm)

If you don't know how to write a paragraph this will help you

How to Write a Paragraph (http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Paragraph)

and

Basic Paragraph Structure (http://lrs.ed.uiuc.edu/students/fwalters/para.html)

Wish you best of luck

جروح الأيام
06-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Plez levana
try to help me
i need your help
plez summarize it to me plez plez
and discuss the idea
i did two summarize for other topics but this topics i did not understand it
plez my friend help me

Levana
06-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Look sweetie, I'll help you -not do it for you- summarize this.

but first you have to read the article and summarize it by your self,
I will read your draft then I'll edit it for you, but I cant do it for you

If you are welling to write the draft I'll gladly help you finish it =) o

جروح الأيام
06-04-2010, 10:51 PM
ok levana i will summarize it and discuss it
but help me to check everything plez
i need ur help plez

جروح الأيام
06-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Being Wired Helps You Connect
People who spend time online are not sad, lonely individuals with no social life. Quite the opposite, argues Professor Keith Hampton, an expert in cyber-sociology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

"The social impact of new communications technologies is a greater number of social ties, more diverse social ties, more support," he said. "It doesn't cut into your phone communication. It doesn't interfere with your face-to-face contact. It just increases communication," Professor Hampton told the BBC programme, Go Digital.

Various studies have suggested that people who spend time online are more vulnerable to unhappiness and loneliness. One report by researchers at Carnegie Mellon University suggested that even spending an hour a week surfing the internet could increase depression. But in his research on the relationship between technology, social relationships and the urban environment, Professor Hampton has found that the internet can serve to bind a community together.

"It's all garbage," he said of studies labelling net users as depressed or lonely individuals. He argues that the key difference between his research and other studies is that he sees the internet as part of people's everyday lives. "The internet is just another communication medium that any of us use to communicate with friends and family," he said. "If you look at it as just another technology that provides you with access to people, you see that communication online leads to more communication, in person or on the phone."

Professor Hampton is a pioneer of cyber-sociology. For his doctorate, he spent two years as a member of the Netville project, a wired neighbourhood in the suburbs of Toronto. The community was built from the ground up with a high-speed computer network - offering fast internet access – a videophone, an online jukebox, online health services, local discussion forums and entertainment and educational software. Professor Hampton found that living in a wired community encouraged greater community involvement, strengthened relationships with neighbours and family, and helped maintain ties with friends and relatives living farther away. "Netville was a unique situation," he said. "It allowed people to form social relationships when they moved in and solve all sorts of problems you encounter when you move to a new suburban community.

"When you move into a new home, one of the first questions is where can I find a babysitter, where can I find the best pizzeria? All these questions were answered online with information by existing residents."

Ironically, once the research project was over, the companies that had provided the technology that went into people's homes decided to take it all out. Faced with the loss of their technology infrastructure, the residents pulled together to replace what they had lost.

"They now all have cable modem access and they have replicated their neighbourhood e-mail list," said Professor Hampton. "These were the most important technologies to them - broadband access to the internet and simple e-mail technology that allows you to communicate with your neighbours."

this is a topic and this is my summarize do you think I wrote all of this

Summary
six marks for the topic + main idea
four marks for relevant details

my summarize
This article is about how to connect people who spend time online. Professor Hampton is one of who research about communication of technology and how to connecting people. He spend two years as a member of as Netville project and they built a community that ground out with a high speed computer network who offer fast internet access, videophone, an online Jukebox and online health services. In addition, he helped maintain ties with friends and relatives further away.

جروح الأيام
06-04-2010, 11:52 PM
i want ur comment

Levana
07-04-2010, 12:55 AM
See your msg box,

جروح الأيام
07-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I saw ur message
when u want us to continue we will.. as u want but plez do not forget i need it tommorow
best wishes

جروح الأيام
07-04-2010, 09:53 PM
thank u very much my friend
i wait u to send the summarize with discussion plez
because i wanted tommorow or on friday
thank u very much

Levana
07-04-2010, 10:00 PM
i wait u to send the summarize with discussion plez
because i wanted tommorow or on friday
thank u very much
Will do - insha'Allah-, I'll sent it to your msg. box here

حلخص الموضوع, كمثال تعليمي, عشان ان شاء الله مستقبلا تستغني عن المساعده ^^..

خطوات التلخيص: (حستخدم صيغة المذكر؛ لأنها اسهل)

اولا: القراءه.
تقرا الموضوع لاول مره لتاخذ الفكره العامه عن الموضوع.

ثانيا: القراءه للأفكار الرئيسيه.
هنا نقراء الموضوع مره ثانيه و نكتب الفكرة الرئيسية لكل براقراف, بصيغتنا.
كالتالي:
1#
Professor Keith Hampton says that People who spend
time online are not individuals with no social life.

2#
On a BBC program, Professor Keith Hampton said
that communications technologies helps increase communication.

3#
Various studies have suggested that people who spend time
online are more vulnerable to unhappiness and loneliness.

4#
In Hampton in research he found that the internet can serve to bind a community together.

5#
the difference between Keith Hampton research and other
studies is that he sees the internet as part of people's everyday lives.

6#
Hampton spent two years in the Netville project, a community that
is based on a high-speed computer network where he found that
being wired helped encouraged greater community involvement
, strengthened relationships with neighbors and family
and maintain ties with friends and relatives.

7#
After project ended, residents got cable modem access and
replicated their neighborhood e-mail list/made a new neighborhood e-mail list.

بهذي المرحله لا تضيع وقتك تشيك على الاملاء او القواعد, لانها مو مهمه حاليا.

ثالثا: القراءه للتفاصيل.
شوف اذا افكارك الرئيسيه تحتاج لتفاصيل لتكون مفهومه و واضحه او
لترتبط بالفكره الي بعدها و يكون التلخيص سلس ...

for1
Keith Hampton, an expert in cyber-sociology

for2
diverse social ties / doesn't interfere with your face-to-face contact

for6
offers a veraity of internet based services

for7
important technologies to them

رابعاً: كتابة المسوده (الدرافت)

صيغ الافكار الرئيسيه و التفاصيل لبراغراف. لا تضيع وقتك في الاملاء او القواعد.
حاول تصيغ الافكار بطريقة سهله و مفهومه و انتبه تكرر نفس المعلومه لاكثر من
مره الا لو الوضع يحتاج التكرار, و اكتب اكثر من مسوده لين ما توصل لنتيجه مرضيه...

درافت 1#
Professor Keith Hampton, an expert in cyber-sociology says that People who spend
time online are not lonely individuals with no social life. He'd mentioned on BBC that
technology is a "social tie" which increase communication. Unlike studies that suggest that
people who spend time on line are un happy and lonely Hamptons research indicates that
it binds a community together. seeing internet as part of people's everyday life is The difference
between Hampton's research and other studies. something something spent two years in
the Netville project, (a community based on a high-speed computer network), where he found that
being wired helped create a more involved society.

يتبــع بإذن الله

جروح الأيام
07-04-2010, 10:26 PM
والله العظيم اني محرج
واستفدت كثيراً من ملخصك لي
Professor Keith Hampton, an expert in cyber-sociology says that People who spend
time online are not lonely individuals with no social life. He'd mentioned on BBC that
technology is a "social tie" which increase communication. Unlike studies that suggest that
people who spend time on line are un happy and lonely Hamptons research indicates that
it binds a community together. seeing internet as part of people's everyday life is The difference
between Hampton's research and other studies. something something spent two years in
the Netville project, (a community based on a high-speed computer network), where he found that
being wired helped create a more involved society

هل هذا الملخص فقط... لاني اعتقد بانه كافي وجميل ومرتب
هل تستطيعين كتابة discuss ur opinion
حتى يتسنى لي التعلم في كتابة نقاشات واراء في تلخيصات اخرى؟؟؟

جروح الأيام
07-04-2010, 11:46 PM
اختي لافينا
الآن اريد فقرة او فقرتين نقاش حول آرائك ((your opinion about topic ))
انتي اكتبي الفقرة وانا سأرى كيف ستكتبيها وسوف اتعلم منك

Discussion
two marks for relating this to your own life, and/or giving detailed support to your opinion

جروح الأيام
08-04-2010, 02:13 PM
where r u my friend
i wait ur discuss and ur opinion about the topic plez
Discussion

جروح الأيام
08-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Software helps blind surf Net
The blind and the visually impaired will now be able to browse the Internet and work on computers through a new software solution. Sakhr Software Company (SSC) recently introduced its new Reading Machine System that reads computer and Internet-based information aloud.

The SSC and Dubai Press Club are organising a workshop which runs till Wednesday. It trains people to use Sakhr's bilingual Reading Machine System, an adaptive solution that enables the blind and partially sighted people to use computers. Mohammed Omar, Technical Support Manager at SSC, said: "There are 20 representatives of several institutions and centres for the visually impaired participating in the workshop, including the Emirates Society for Rehabilitation, Early Intervention Centre, Red Crescent Authority and UAE University. The workshop was held earlier in Syria, Oman, Qatar, Egypt and Saudi Arabia. We were happy at the participants' level of understanding and the will to learn. Some of them were considered computer illiterates, but after only two days they are working on computers through this unique programme.” At the end of the workshop each participant will receive a certificate in computer and Internet skills.

Luma Adnan Al Azzawi, Information Technology Manager of the Dubai Press Club, said: "The workshop takes forward the club's ongoing commitment to social and community causes. We hope the workshop will be informative and help the visually impaired to make optimum use of computers which have become almost indispensable tools in all spheres of modern life."

Maher Al Junaidy, Media and Editorial Manager of the company, said: "This is a unique workshop that aims at meeting the needs of various associations for the visually impaired. We are happy that the Press Club is sponsoring this event along with two of the biggest IT companies in UAE, HP and DTK Computers."

Mohammed said: "The programme includes the paper reader, the net reader, the screen reader, the e-mail reader as well as a tutorial that enables new visually impaired computer users to learn how to interact efficiently with the system without the help of people with normal sight".

The bilingual Reading Machine System is the first system developed to serve Arabic users. Anis Mansour, Senior Technical Support Executive from SSC, is conducting the workshop. "The advanced technology of Sakhr Company demonstrates its expertise in diverse domains and shows that its solutions are easy and simple for users."

The workshop is free of charge and in the end, each trainee gets a three-month free trial period. Salma Ali Saeed Al Kaabi, a UAE national teacher at the Fujairah Handicapped Centre, thanked the SSC and the club for giving the blind and the visually impaired an excellent opportunity to enhance their computer skills.

Saeed Ali Khalfan, a 32-year-old national employee at the Fujairah Court Department, said: "This new programme is the best chance for the blind and visually impaired to learn how to use the computer and the Internet. "At the Fujairah Courts I work on the Braille system, but today I learned to use the normal computer. This training programme fulfiled my dreams to use the computer and Internet as any normal individual."

A Syrian national, Mazen Mohammed Fawzi, 32, is a telephone operator at Fujairah International Airport. He expressed his gratitude to the SSC and the Dubai Press Club for providing him with the best means to master the computer and Internet, especially in Arabic.

This is another topic my friend Levana and this is my summarize plez check it and edit and organize it to me plez I need it neccessary tommorow plez >

A new device to help blind people listen what is on the net and computers in general has been invented and is subject to a study in Dubai by the Sakhr Software Company. This software can help blind internet users surf in the net and do many different activities related to the computer, reading , listening , interacting through internet as a whole

جروح الأيام
08-04-2010, 03:43 PM
i wait u plez
i need it tommorow

Levana
08-04-2010, 04:57 PM
والله العظيم اني محرج
واستفدت كثيراً من ملخصك لي
being wired helped create a more involved society

هل هذا الملخص فقط... لاني اعتقد بانه كافي وجميل ومرتب
هل تستطيعين كتابة discuss ur opinion
حتى يتسنى لي التعلم في كتابة نقاشات واراء في تلخيصات اخرى؟؟؟
لا! هذا مجرد مسوده مليانه اخطاء. الملخص تحت ^^

اختي لافينا
الآن اريد فقرة او فقرتين نقاش حول آرائك ((your opinion about topic ))
انتي اكتبي الفقرة وانا سأرى كيف ستكتبيها وسوف اتعلم منك

Discussion

I'll write it then post it here,
-----------------------------------------------------------

خامسا: كتابة الفقرة (البراقراف).
هنا تهتم بالتالي:
1. القواعد. Grammar
2. الإملاء. Spelling
3.الاسلوب. Style
4. علامات الترقيم. Punctuation
5. بناء الفقره.

According to Keith Hampton, an expert in cyber-sociology, being wired creates a more involved society.
He sees internet as part of people's everyday lives, a "social tie". And he disagrees with studies labeling
net users as depressed or lonely individuals. For his doctorate, he spent two years in The Netville Project
(a community based on a high-speed computer network), where he found that being wired allowed people
to form social relationships and solve problems that are faced when moving to a new suburban community.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A new device to help blind people listen what is on the net and computers in general has been invented and is subject to a study in Dubai by the Sakhr Software Company. This software can help blind internet users surf in the net and do many different activities related to the computer, reading , listening , interacting through internet as a wholeThis draft is much better than the 1st one, your getting better it this
لاكن حاول تغير الكلمات بدون ما تغير المعنى مثلا بالتلخيص انت كتبت device (جهاز) و هو سوفت وير (برنامج).
Here is your draft after editing:

A new software that helps the blind and visually impaired browse the Internet and work on computers
has been developed by Sakhr Software Company (SSC). The software helps the blind by reading computer
and Internet-based information aloud. The (SSC) has been making workshops to teach the blind and visually impaired
how to use their software. There for, giving them a chance to enhance their computer skills and learn how to use it in their workplace.

جروح الأيام
08-04-2010, 07:03 PM
i have another topic i will summarize it then i want u to check, organize and edit it.

Levana
08-04-2010, 08:12 PM
i have another topic i will summarize it then i want u to check, organize and edit it.
your very much welcome,

Opinion for Hamptons research :

I agree with Keith Hampton, I believe that communication technology helps us be more connected with society
and solves all kinds of problems we face in our modern life whether we need help translating a text,
finding surcease for our academic research, or simply wanting to know where is the best French restaurant in town.
I also believe that it's a great tool for to stay connected when we're living faraway from each other, for example, I have
family members that are living abroad, and Internet has offered me the opportunity to communicate with them by e-mail,
webcam and instant massaging, unlike years ago when the only way of communication was the telephone. In edition it gives us
the ability to form new relationships across the glob thus learning more about different societies and sharing information on a global level.

جروح الأيام
08-04-2010, 08:27 PM
هل تستطيعين كتابة نقاش + رأي كما فعلتي بالضبط في مقال مستر هامبتون لهذا الموضوع
Software helps blind surf ((المشاركة رقم 16))

جروح الأيام
08-04-2010, 08:29 PM
i need it tommorow or on saturday plez if u can help me to finish
discuss and opinion of Software helps blind surf

جروح الأيام
08-04-2010, 10:41 PM
this is the third topic and i summarize it plez check, organize and edit it.

“Computers harm young,” US group says
WASHINGTON Tuesday September 12 (Reuters) - Early exposure to computers stops healthy development in children such technology should only be introduced after elementary school, a group of U.S. educators and psychologists said on Tuesday.
The Alliance for Childhood, a group that focuses on child development, said in a report that computers and the Internet prevent preschool children from interacting with each other and adults.
"Children need a healthy education, and computers cannot provide them with a healthy education because children need a living education -- with live people," said Joan Almon, a former preschool teacher and U.S. coordinator for the organization.
The U.S. government has spent billions of dollars a year on new technology for elementary schools. In 1994, the Clinton administration said it would work with public schools to have them hooked up to the Internet by the end of this year. According to the report, in the last five years public schools have spent more than $27 billion in computer technology and related costs.
`'Children are not getting warmth, artistic inspiration and understanding. Only a teacher can do that," Kim John Payne, a Massachusetts child psychologist, told Reuters in a phone interview.
As of late 1999, 95 percent of schools were connected, said a spokesman for the U.S. Department of Education.
Almon said some schools have cut back on teachers, library books, music and arts programs, and field trips to parks, while spending millions on computer hardware and software.
Studies show that introduction to computers at an early age does not increase children's creativity and can cause eye strain, repetitive stress injuries and obesity.
Those who frequently draw on a computer are reluctant to create hand drawings, and are extremely critical of their handwritten art work because it is not "sophisticated enough," she said.
The effects go beyond that, Payne said. She said that increased computer lab time and shorter breaks make it difficult for children to develop their social skills. Early exposure makes children unaware of other children's emotions, she added. It is particularly damaging at a young age because the brain is most active in terms of the socialization process.
"When children are playing with a computer they are not playing with each other," Payne said. "It's a virtual world not a real world."
But not everyone agreed with the report. Alan Delamater, a child psychologist at the University of Miami, agreed about the risks such as posture problems and obesity, but said this was outweighed by benefits such as educational games.
"It's an inactive activity, but so is reading," Delamater said. He said children need to learn to use computers at an early age because they are part of modern life, but stressed that parents need to monitor things like computer games.
While Almon and her peers encouraged parents and teachers to keep young children away from computers, they favored their use in the education of older children.
"They are wonderful tools," she said. "Let's be really careful about how we use them
my summarize :
Computers cannot replace teachers and adults in the education of children
children need the warmth of human contact. Computers can cause health problems such as eye strain and obesity and cannot develop creativity during the early childhood
further more computer addiction may hinder healthy social life.

جروح الأيام
08-04-2010, 10:59 PM
اسال الله ان يرزقك الجنة من غير حساب اختي في الله ليفانا
والله اني ممنون لك بالفضل الكبير

Levana
09-04-2010, 01:29 PM
اسال الله ان يرزقك الجنة من غير حساب اختي في الله ليفانا
والله اني ممنون لك بالفضل الكبير
Amen, thank you ^^
------------------------------------------------------

Opinion for topic2:

I’m quite convinced that this software will change many lives in the Arab world. Now that there is a way
for blind Arabs to learn and use computers and Internet the possibilities are somehow endless. This can
open more job opportunities for the blind and visually impaired in our Arab world. We live in a modern
- wired - world; our day life forces us to use the computer and internet frequently; checking our phone bill,
our bank account and the list goes on. This software enables the blind
to be more independent - not needing the help of people with normal sight.

------------------------------------------------------

Topic3:
The Alliance for Childhood, a group that focuses on child development, encourage parents and teachers to keep
children away from computers. The group believes that early exposure to computers has many negative effects on
Children development. Using computers in early age expose children to eye strain, posture problems, obesity, and
computer addiction; which may hinder their healthy social life in future. But not everyone agrees with the group.
Alan Delamater, a child psychologist, agreed on the risks such as obesity, but said it was outweighed by benefits.

Opinion for topic3:
I believe that everything in moderation; we can't keep our children away from computers. Our modern life depends
on computers and technology that is changing everyday; thus we need to keep out children up-to-date with these
changes. But at the same time we must not rely on computers to do everything for us. Human interaction is irreplaceable
its important for children to socialize with their peers and improve their social skills.

Best of luck
:D

جروح الأيام
09-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Thank u very much my firend ...
أنا جداً محرجة لأني اتعبتك معي ... اخاف اقول لك عندي topic 4 اتعصبين خخخ
سوف اقوم بتلخيصه ثم سأريكي اياه

من اي دولة انتي اختي؟ لم نتعرف على بعض ....

In space, water, water everywhere
Dr Nidhal Guessom
Images from Nasa's Moon Mineralogy Mapper aboard India's Chandrayaan-1 lunar orbiter shows parts of the Moon's surface that absord a very specific colour of light identified previously only with water. NASA / AFP
It always comes as a surprise for my students (and for most other people) to learn that we have found water on the Sun and on the Moon and on most other planets in the solar system and in nebulae (giant gas clouds) outside of the solar system.
But how could the Sun, with a surface temperature of close to 6,000°C, have any water? And haven’t we always been told that the Moon is totally dry, and that is why there is no life to be found there?

To make sense of this, one must recall that “water” does not necessarily mean liquid water, it simply means H2O. This could be found in the form of vapour (as on the Sun) or ice (in polar craters on the Moon and in many other places of the solar system).
And when we say “we have found water”, we do not mean that it is contained in seas or oceans, except perhaps on one of Jupiter’s moons (Europa). Water is often found in tiny amounts but water is ubiquitous.

In fact, for astrophysicists, there is no surprise to finding water so easily.

Indeed, H2O is a very easy molecule for nature to make since oxygen has a strong “affinity” for hydrogen, and they are two of the most abundant elements in the universe. But what we are really looking for is liquid water since this is the key for the existence, or even the emergence, of life.
We have yet to find a way, theoretically or experimentally, for complex molecules, which make up the essential bricks of any living organism, to assemble, organise and metabolise without liquid water. This is because water is an exceptional medium. It is a unique conductor and regulator of heat, a universal solvent, its molecules can form weak bonds with other molecules, very important for the stability of molecules critical to life.
More practically, for the space travellers that we are, or at least intend to be, finding water on the Moon or on planets such as Mars may mean that we can one day use that for drinking (after filtering) or breathing (after converting it to O2) and as a fuel, turning these places into refuelling ports. Indeed, we should recall that rocket fuel consists of liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen, which get mixed during the propulsion process to produce energy.
There are other places in our solar system where we have found water: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and its moon Europa, Saturn and its moon Titan, Uranus and its satellites, Neptune and its moon Triton, and Pluto and its moon Charon, which consists mostly of ice. Interestingly, Mars, although mostly too cold for liquid-water seas to exist, does have regions and seasons when the temperature goes above zero. Moreover, it has been shown that with the planet’s very low atmospheric pressure, water could exist in liquid form – although in small amounts – even at temperatures below zero Celsius.
In June 2000, Nasa’s Mars Global Surveyor found puzzling gullies and gaps in the Martian surface perhaps from water seeping through from underground, estimated to be 100 to 400 metres below the surface. Those spots show up on hundreds of different images from more than 120 locations on Mars. Needless to say, such discoveries have profound implications for the possibility of finding past or present life on Mars.
Europa and Titan also deserve special attention for their aqueous environments. Europa is very cold (minus 160°C) and it is entirely covered with a smooth layer of ice, but images taken by spacecrafts over the past 15 years have shown gigantic ice rafts. Scientists have concluded that the moon’s internal heat must be melting part of the ice under the surface, producing an underground ocean, similar to those seen on Earth’s polar seas. Beneath its icy crust, Europa could harbour the solar system’s largest ocean.
The mere possibility of oceans of water on Europa raises even more the fascinating prospect of extraterrestrial life, whether in the form of simple microbes, bacteria, algae, or even fish. Here on Earth, undersea environments near volcanoes and hydrothermal vents have been found to be rich in living organisms. As one researcher has put it: “Can an ocean of liquid water persist for 4.5 billion years and not have life?”

Nidhal Guessoum is a professor of physics and astronomy at the American University of Sharjah

Levana
09-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Thank u very much my firend ...
أنا جداً محرجة لأني اتعبتك معي ... اخاف اقول لك عندي topic 4 اتعصبين خخخ
سوف اقوم بتلخيصه ثم سأريكي اياه

من اي دولة انتي اختي؟ لم نتعرف على بعض ....

your welcome ^^. LOLz don't worry about it, glad to help :D.
I'm from Saudi Arabia ^^. I have a Q too^^", are you a boy or a girl? o
I'll be waiting for your summ.

جروح الأيام
09-04-2010, 06:02 PM
hi levana
i am a girl
my nick name is grooo7
فعلاً لا استغرب الكرم والطيبة منكي
لانكي من اطهر بقاع الارض المملكة العربية السعودية ... ومن بلاد بو متعب حفظه الله
انا من الامارات

جروح الأيام
09-04-2010, 11:00 PM
summarize of topic 4
i want u to check, organize and edit it.......
and plez do not forget to write discuss and ur opinion for this topic plez

The water (H 2O), the key for the existence has been found in many places in the universe, under many forms: liquid (on Jupiter’s moon (Europa)), vapor (on the Sun), or ice (in polar craters on the Moon. These surprising and important discovers will give many possibilities to use this water in drinking (after filtering), or breathing (after converting it to O 2, and as fuel or energy by turning these places into refueling ports.

جروح الأيام
10-04-2010, 07:00 PM
hi my friend i wiat ur summarize and discuss+opinion of topic 4
thank u my friend

Levana
10-04-2010, 09:20 PM
hi levana
i am a girl
my nick name is grooo7
فعلاً لا استغرب الكرم والطيبة منكي
لانكي من اطهر بقاع الارض المملكة العربية السعودية ... ومن بلاد بو متعب حفظه الله
انا من الامارات
Hey love ^^, nice to meet you and thank you for your sweet compliment

summarize of topic 4
i want u to check, organize and edit it.......
and plez do not forget to write discuss and ur opinion for this topic plez

The water (H 2O), the key for the existence has been found in many places in the universe, under many forms: liquid (on Jupiter’s moon (Europa)), vapor (on the Sun), or ice (in polar craters on the Moon. These surprising and important discovers will give many possibilities to use this water in drinking (after filtering), or breathing (after converting it to O 2, and as fuel or energy by turning these places into refueling ports.

Sorry I couldn't post this sooner, anyway here you go

Summ.
Water is the key of our existence. It is found not only on earth, but in other planets such
as Europa, the Sun, Mars and other planets. When we say "water" here, we don't necessarily
mean liquid water, we mean H2O. And water -H2O- has many forms: liquid on Europa, vapor
on the Sun, and ice in polar craters on the Moon. This fact may help us in the future by using
water from other planets for drinking or breathing (after converting it to O2) and as a fuel thus
turning these places into refueling ports.

Opinion:
Honestly speaking I have mixed feelings about this matter. I believe that we must preserve our
natural resources on earth and not depend on a possibility. On the other hand the Idea of being
able to use water from other planets is quite thrilling. Also the fact that water does exist
in other planets may open the possibility for humans to live on other planets!.

good luck in school and hope you stay with us in Montada ^^

جروح الأيام
10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
thank u my friend
inshaallah i will be in ur Montada
يشرفنا المشاركة في هذا الصرح العظيم...
اختي ليفانا لدي استفسار
هل يمكنني تغيير مشاركاتي لانني اريد مسح ايميلي((بريدي الالكتروني)) من المشاركة رقم 1
ولكنني لم اجد ايقونة تعديل ..؟؟؟

Levana
11-04-2010, 12:13 AM
thank u my friend
inshaallah i will be in ur Montada
you're welcome ^^
يشرفنا المشاركة في هذا الصرح العظيم...
اختي ليفانا لدي استفسار
هل يمكنني تغيير مشاركاتي لانني اريد مسح ايميلي((بريدي الالكتروني)) من المشاركة رقم 1
ولكنني لم اجد ايقونة تعديل ..؟؟؟
هذا لأن أيقونة التعديل بتضل 30 دقيقه بعد إعتماد الرد, بعدها تختفي.
على كل حال حذفت لك الإيميل من الرد ^^

جروح الأيام
11-04-2010, 08:39 PM
اشكركي اختي ليفانا على حذفه
لقد تطور كتابتي باللغة الانجليزية في هذه الفترة البسيطة التي سجلت فيها بالمنتدى وهذا من فضل ربي ثم بفضل مجهودك لي
لدي فقرة خامسه سأقوم بتلخيصها ثم سأريكي أياها إن شاء الله
تقبلي تحياتي

Levana
13-04-2010, 02:12 PM
اشكركي اختي ليفانا على حذفه
لقد تطور كتابتي باللغة الانجليزية في هذه الفترة البسيطة التي سجلت فيها بالمنتدى وهذا من فضل ربي ثم بفضل مجهودك لي
لدي فقرة خامسه سأقوم بتلخيصها ثم سأريكي أياها إن شاء الله
تقبلي تحياتي
You're welcome Grooh I'll be waiting for ur summ.
و انتي بتلخصي حاولي ما تختصري كثير. مثل ما قلت لج قبل,
حددي الافكار الرئيسيه للموضوع بعدين اربيطها ببعض. موفقه ^^

جروح الأيام
13-04-2010, 10:04 PM
راح اعمل وامشي بنصيحتج إن شاء الله ...
راح اقوم بتلخيص الفقرة غداً إن شاء الله وسأضع ردي باذن الله

جروح الأيام
14-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi my friend Levana
can u plez write two more lines (discuss and opinion) for topic 3 and 4 plez
because i want it to be bigger than summarize..
just i want two lines more
اختي في الله ليفانا اريدك ان تكتبي لي سطرين زيادة للموضوع الثالث والرابع ليس التلخيص بل في النقاش والآراء .... وشكراً جزيلا لك على مساعدتك الدائمة لي

هذا :

I believe that everything in moderation; we can't keep our children away from computers. Our modern life depends on computers and technology that is changing everyday; thus we need to keep out children up-to-date with these changes. But at the same time we must not rely on computers to do everything for us. Human interaction is irreplaceable its important for children to socialize with their peers and improve their social skills
فقط اريد سطرين زيادة هنا

+

هذا:

Honestly speaking I have mixed feelings about this matter. I believe that we must preserve our natural resources on earth and not depend on a possibility. On the other hand the Idea of being able to use water from other planets is quite thrilling. Also the fact that water does exist in other planets may open the possibility for humans to live on other planets
هنا كذلك أريد سطرين زيادة

شكرا جزيلا من أعماق قلبي على مساعدتك لي

Levana
14-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi my friend Levana
can u plez write two more lines (discuss and opinion) for topic 3 and 4 plez
because i want it to be bigger than summarize..
just i want two lines more
اختي في الله ليفانا اريدك ان تكتبي لي سطرين زيادة للموضوع الثالث والرابع ليس التلخيص بل في النقاش والآراء .... وشكراً جزيلا لك على مساعدتك الدائمة لي

هذا :

I believe that everything in moderation; we can't keep our children away from computers. Our modern life depends on computers and technology that is changing everyday; thus we need to keep out children up-to-date with these changes. But at the same time we must not rely on computers to do everything for us. Human interaction is irreplaceable its important for children to socialize with their peers and improve their social skills
فقط اريد سطرين زيادة هنا

+

هذا:

Honestly speaking I have mixed feelings about this matter. I believe that we must preserve our natural resources on earth and not depend on a possibility. On the other hand the Idea of being able to use water from other planets is quite thrilling. Also the fact that water does exist in other planets may open the possibility for humans to live on other planets
هنا كذلك أريد سطرين زيادة

شكرا جزيلا من أعماق قلبي على مساعدتك لي

Here..
Topic3

I believe that everything in moderation; we can't keep our children away from computers. Our modern life depends
on computers and technology that is changing everyday; thus we need to keep our children up-to-date with these
changes. But at the same time we must not rely on computers to do everything for us. Human interaction is irreplaceable
its important for children to socialize with their peers and improve their social skills. Love, sadness, and happiness all of
these emotions and more can not be experienced through or learned by a computer. Parents have to be aware of todays
technology in order to know how and how mush of this technology should they expose their children to. At the same time
teachers must cooperate with the parents to find some common grounds.

Topic4

Honestly speaking I have mixed feelings about this matter. I believe that we must preserve our natural resources on earth
and not depend on a possibility. On the other hand the idea of being able to use water from other planets is quite thrilling.
This will give scientists the opportunity to research and experiment. Till now scientists have said that water ice could serve
as a natural resource for future lunar mission landings, can be liquefied into drinking water and water components could
be used to provide breathing air and rocket fuel. Also the fact that water does exist in other planets may open the possibility
for humans to live on other planets.

Sorry I can't write more than this for topic 4 because I'm not familiar with the subject

the colored parts are the ones I added,
your welcome and best of luck :D

جروح الأيام
14-04-2010, 10:34 PM
اقسم بالله العلي العظيم رب العرش العظيم إني أدعو لج كل ما تذكرتج
أن يرزقج أختي ليفانا الجنة من أوسع ابوابها ويرزقج صحبة رسوله وأصحابه الطاهرين يارب العالمين
وايد أعجبتني الاضافات التي اضفتيها على topic 3+4

Levana
14-04-2010, 11:01 PM
آمين مشكوره يا عسل ^^ , و ياريت تدعين لي أدخل التخصص الي ابغاه ^^" < = طماعه :09:
بالتوفيق لج =)

هدوء ورزانه
16-04-2010, 08:01 PM
مرحباااا ختيه جرووح..

لو ما عليج امر بغيت اعرف انتي في اي كليه تدرسين..

لان الي بغيتيه شرات الي انا ابغاه وبالصدفه طحت على موضوعج ومساعدة الاخت يزاها الله الف خير..

استفدت من الاجوبه واايد..

مهم اعرف انتي وين تدرسين لان لو طلعتي بنفس المكان الي انا ادرس فيه .. ما بسوي كوبي..

والسموحه منج..

جروح الأيام
17-04-2010, 03:57 PM
للاسف ما قدرت اطرج لج اخني هدوء عالخاص لان مشاركتي اقل عن 500
قوليلي حبوبة انتي من اي كلية؟؟؟؟
انا من تقتية الفجيرة ردي لي بسرعة حبوبة

هدوء ورزانه
17-04-2010, 05:51 PM
هلا ختيه جروووح..

للاسف طلعتي معايه يعني ماروم اسوي كوبي ><

الله يعينا على مس شان

والله يوفقج وسمحيلي ..

جروح الأيام
17-04-2010, 07:20 PM
فيني فضول اعرف منو انتي؟؟؟ بس ما اقدر اتواصل عالخاص مشاركاتي اقل من 500
وفعلا الله يعينه على مس شانووووو .... دوريلج حد هني بالمنتدى وبساعدونج بالتلخيص
بس دخيلج إلا الكوبي بيست!!!!
والصراحة اختي ليفانا ما قصرت وياي ساعدتني ....
good luck

هدوء ورزانه
17-04-2010, 10:22 PM
لووولز انا بعد فيه فضول اعرف انتي منو><

ع العموم ارتاحي مابسوي كوبي ..

وبالتوفيج يارب..

جروح الأيام
21-04-2010, 08:27 PM
أختي ليفانا سمحيلي عالتأخير
انشغلت الأيام الماضية بالدراسة راح اضع الفقرة الاسبوع القادم إن شاء الله يوم الأحد أو الأثنين

Levana
23-04-2010, 07:55 PM
نو بروبلم لوف ^^,
على فكره اختباراتي تبدا الخميس سو امكن اتأخر في الرد عليك لاكن احاول ارد عليك بسرعه ^^, موفقه

جروح الأيام
24-04-2010, 01:39 PM
الله يوفقج اختي ليفاتا في الاختبارات يا رب
شدي حيلج وان شاء الله بدعيلج
بالعكس اختي عادي التأخير مب مشكلة أهم شي انج ترفعين راس أهلج في الاختبارات..
good luck
وموفقة يارب

جروح الأيام
25-04-2010, 09:47 AM
هذا اخر توبيك إن شاء الله .. يا ليت لو يكون الdiscuss and opinion من 7 الى تسع سطور يعني شوي يكون فقرة اكبرة من التلخيص
The Quality of Your Health can Depend on Where You Live
Thursday, March 12, 2009 by: Marianne Leigh, citizen journalist
(NaturalNews) Researchers have known for years of the connection between race and income and healthy eating. And lately, as our society struggles with issues of racial inequality and financial turmoil, news articles have been making the connection between healthy eating and avoiding disease.

In the midst of all this, a recent study from Johns Hopkins` Bloomberg School of Public Health has made a major breakthrough. Researchers found a strong correlation between where you live and the quality of your diet, and identified a lack of healthy food in lower-income neighborhoods as one cause of poor diet.

Taking a cross-sectional approach, the diet of 759 participants was examined using a `food frequency` questionnaire. The results were then compared to the availability of healthy food in stores less than one mile from the home of each participant. 226 stores in 159 neighborhoods were visited to determine the presence of healthy staples like fresh fruit and vegetables, skim milk and whole wheat bread.

While the results were predictable on a qualitative level, the size of the disparity between communities was surprising.

Almost half of lower-income and predominantly African-American neighborhoods had a low availability of healthy food, or 46 percent and 43 percent respectively.

Comparatively, only 13 percent of higher-income and 4 percent of predominantly white neighborhoods had a low availability. Furthermore, the higher-income and predominantly white neighborhoods with a lack of healthy food still had higher amounts than the lower-income or predominantly African-American neighborhoods.

The study rightly concludes that residents of lower-income and predominantly African-American communities have more difficulty putting healthy food on the table because of an absence of it in neighborhood stores. But this revelation is only the latest addition to a long list of disadvantages lower income and minority communities can face.

Households residing in lower-income communities have smaller food budgets and yet research has shown that food prices in these neighborhoods are consistently higher. Also as much as a quarter of low-income households do not own a car, and cannot easily shop for food beyond their immediate neighborhoods.

But while the terms `neighborhood` and `household` can be effective ways to package and communicate research data, they tend to obscure the most critical aspect of these findings. We can easily forget that these neighborhoods are peopled not only by adults but also by children who are subject to even greater health risks from poor diet than adults. Children living in poverty have repeatedly been shown to have higher levels of risk factors for diabetes, low fitness, obesity and energy insufficiency levels (problems that without intervention or dramatic change become increasingly serious over time).

Children`s bodies are actively developing with nutritional and energetic needs much higher than adults`. With their physiological and metabolic processes being set, the development of their vital organs and nervous system in full swing, the damage that a poor diet will do to the health of a child is often permanent. If you consider that a child`s body size and composition are constantly growing, being `built` with what is eaten or breathed, the phrase `you are what you eat` gains a whole new dimension.

Another children`s health issue directly affected by diet quality is lead poisoning. Long-term damage from lead is believed to be a result of the absorption of it into body tissues like the nervous system from the blood and not from the exposure itself. A low-fat healthy diet rich in iron and calcium can facilitate the elimination of lead contamination from the blood thereby lessening the effects of the exposure. Seen in this light, therefore, a healthy diet not only gives a child the necessary building blocks to be a healthy adult, it can actually protect him/her from environmental contaminants.

There is a certain amount of hope in the fact that researchers are asking pertinent questions and finding clear results. Decisive action, after all, begins with knowledge. With so much effort being made today to improve the developmental opportunities of children from all socio-economic backgrounds, findings like these alarm us, but they also provide indicators of where to focus our energy. So even as we say to government representatives, legislators and fellow citizens, "Here is our next challenge," the question still remains: "Is anyone really listening?"

----------

"There can be no keener revelation of a society`s soul than the way in which it treats its children." ~ Nelson Mandela

جروح الأيام
30-04-2010, 04:56 PM
i waiting u my friend

جروح الأيام
02-05-2010, 06:07 PM
اهلين اختي لافينا بشرينا كيف كانت الإمتحانات إن شاء الله سهله؟؟؟؟؟؟

Levana
03-05-2010, 05:03 PM
i waiting u my friend

اهلين اختي لافينا بشرينا كيف كانت الإمتحانات إن شاء الله سهله؟؟؟؟؟؟
Hey love^^
sorry for not replaying; I was busy and didn't notice your replays.
My exams are going fine, thanks for asking ^^

I will work on the text today insha'Allah and hopefully I'll post it today or 2moro
again, sorry for not replaying sooner ^^" o

جروح الأيام
05-05-2010, 08:04 AM
do not worry my friend and good luck
عادي اختي خذي راحتج انا مب مستعيلة عليه وايد تعبتج وياي

Levana
05-05-2010, 07:57 PM
السلام عليكم,,

التلخيص:

Researchers found a connection between healthy eating and avoiding disease and race and income A study from Johns Hopkins` Bloomberg School of Public Health, indicated a strong correlation between where you live and the quality of your diet The study had a 759 participants, their results were compared to the availability of healthy food in stores near their homes. Lower-income neighborhoods had a 46% low availability of healthy food, Compared to 13% in higher-income neighborhoods. The study concludes that lower-income and predominantly African-American communities have more difficulty obtaining healthy food due to its absence in neighborhood stores. Lower-income communities have smaller food budgets and yet the food prices in their neighborhoods are consistently higher. Needless to say we must not forget that these neighborhoods are peopled by adults and children who are subject to health risks from poor diet. Children living in poverty have higher levels of risk factors for diabetes, low fitness and obesity. And because children`s bodies develop with needs higher than adults` the damage of a poor diet on their health is often permanent. Another children`s health issue directly affected by diet quality is lead poisoning. A low-fat healthy diet rich in iron and calcium can facilitate the elimination of lead contamination from the blood thereby lessening the effects of the exposure. Therefore, a healthy diet not only gives children the necessary building blocks to be a healthy adults, it also protects them from environmental contaminants. And we all as a nation should improve the development opportunities of our children.

Opinion:

I think that due to our modern and fast pace lives; people nowadays don't have the time or effort to make a healthy meal for themselves or even their families. In addition, the high price of healthy food in general and particularly organic food creates an obstacle to those with low-income. The fact that children have to undergo a poor diet due to their caregivers low-income is saddened. I believe that we, as individuals must do our best to insure our children’ well being. They have the right to grow up to be healthy adults and I think the way for that is to educate caregivers about the many health problems and diseases their children might face such as low fitness, obesity or god forbids, diabetes due to a poor diet.

جروح الأيام
06-05-2010, 12:21 AM
ya rab yaj3al jnan alfrdooos darj
allahoma ameen

Levana
06-05-2010, 09:41 AM
ya rab yaj3al jnan alfrdooos darj
allahoma ameen

you're very much welcome ^^, if you need anything just ask