but it's hunting me and i can't ignore it

before we get into the subject there is a story i want u to read
    it..it's by Mark Twain
    i couldn't find it in english so i translated it by myself wich meanse
    plenty of mistakes in both grammer and spelling
    try to ignore them and we will be fine

About Mark Twain

before we read the story we gonna know a few things about the writer

Twain was born in Florida,November 30,1835,to John Marshall Clemens and Jane Lampton Clemens wich means his real name
    wasn't Mark Twain but Samuel Langhorne Clemens Coincidentally
    comet halley was passing that same year
    Twain get his pen name from his years in Mississippi riverboats
    (Mark Twain comes from"by the mark twain"wich meansaccording to the mark [on the line], [the depth is] two fathoms)

His life was a big disaster, he was an honest man says what ever
    was in his mind no matter how harsh or cruel was it so he gained
    a lot of enemys,also he squandered much of his money,he saw the ship that his brother was on it burning down in the sea"they say his hear turned into gry a few minutes after that",beside that his first
    boy died,then his dearest daughter passed away and finally his wife

Twain is best known for his sarcastic writings but also he has another books like
    Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Adventures of Tom Sawyer

The Five Gifts of Life
    At the begining of time...akind fairy came to the young man with her basket
    "here is the gifts..take one and leave the others..becarefull and take a good choice..choose wisely cuz one of them is important" the fairy said
    The five gifts were:fame,love,joy,money and death
    "there is no need to choose"
    the young man instantly said
    and took the joy
    he wondered all around the world doing whatever he wants to
    but every thing he done was disappointing and meaningless and make him full of shame at the end he said:"ohh, all these lost years!!if i had a choice i would choose wisely"

the fairy came back and said:"only 4 left.choose another one,and remember your clock is ticking and one of them is important"
    the young man thought carefully and choosed love,he didn't see the tears that fulled the fairy's eyes
    After money years,the young was sitting in an empty house infront of a coffin, he said to his self:"all my love ones has left and leave me,and now here is the last and the most beloved one in this coffin...i suffered too much,and for every hour of happiness love-that perfidious merchant-made me pay a 1000 hours of sadness..and i hate from all of my heart"

"choose again"
    that was the fairy again
    "the years have make you wiser or that how should it be..only three left,and one of them is important,remember and becarefull with your choice"
    the man thought a little bit and choose the fame,the fairy walked away
    years have past,and here is the man sitting alone in the dark thinking:"i was famous, every one talked about me and i liked it for a while..what a short time was that!!and then envy started then diminshing then lieng and haterd..then the compassion started wich is the end of the fame
    it's the bitterness and misery of fame"

the fairy was saying
    "choose again..only two left..don't give up..there was one important gift in the start and it's still there.."
    the man said"it's the money..yes money is the power!!what a stupid i was!that's how should i live..i'm gonna spend my money every where..i'll make all those cynics crawl in the mud infront of me..they will feed me with their flesh..i wasted a lot of time,and choosed the wrong choices,but i was a foul"
    after three years the man was sitting and shaking in a room on the roof,so thin and waring an old clothes eating a peace of bread
    "damn the gifts of life..big lies..those are no gifts but loans
    the joy...the love..the fame..the wealth..they are just masks for the real facts:sadness..pain....shame..poverty
    tha fairy was right..she had only one true gift...every thing else is a lie comparing to that gift...it takes all the pain,shame and sadness with it..it leaves you in a long sleep with out dreams..oh kind fairy..bring it to me!!"

thae fairy came back with the four gifts, but the death was missing,and said:"i gave it to a little child that trusted me to choose for him the best choice"
    the man said:"oh,and what's left for me?"the thing that even people like don't deserve it..that dishonorable pain of aging"

my point

what made me write this topic is a Q. hide asked in the yes no topic
    have you ever tried to commit suicide

this is the Q. that made me write this
    now ..some Ppl r gonna ask what's the relation between Twain and that simple Q.and the answer is simple

when u read this story ,what's the first that comes t ur mind??
    yep..that's right..how can death be the most important gift in life??
    and the answer is it can't be
    then what makes a succesfull man like Twain says it is??
    remember this man has no religion
    for us as a muslims the most important thing is to worship allah and fullfil our duties
    so how a muslim can think of committing suicide
    beeing a muslim means doing every thing that ordered to do and avoiding what r u told to avoid
    ain't that right??

When i write those things about Twain there was some thing i wanted to make it clear..this man has suffered so much and he was so sure the death is the most beautiful thing in life and yet he didn't commet suicide and this is a man with out faith at all
    so how can a muslim just deside that he had enough and there is no point of life??

my Q.is what drives a muslim to commet suicide although he knows what's waiting for who does such thing??

sorry 4 the long topic

التسجيل
    26-01-2005
    الدولة
    ؛؛ .. فلســ(غزة)ــطين .. ؛؛
    المشاركات

رد: suicide

Hello all

::My Comment On This::

I have known a lot of people who have wanted to kill themselves, so I have some small idea of what you might be feeling

You can survive suicidal feelings if you do either of two things: (1) find a way to reduce your pain, or (2) find a way to increase your coping resources. Both are possible
    .Now I want to tell you five things to think about

-1-
    You need to hear that people do get through this -- even people who feel as badly as you are feeling now. Statistically, there is a very good chance that you are going to live

-2-
    .Give yourself some distance
    Say to yourself, “I will wait 24 hours before I do anything.” Or a week
    Remember that feelings and actions are two different things - just because you feel like killing yourself, doesn’t mean that you have to actually do it right this minute. Put some distance between your suicidal feelings and suicidal action. Keep going, and realize that while you still feel suicidal, you are not, at this moment, acting on it. That is very encouraging to me, and I hope it is to you

-3-
    People often turn to suicide because they are seeking relief from pain. Remember that relief is a feeling. And you have to be alive to feel it. You will not feel the relief you so desperately seek, if you are dead

-4-
    Some people will react badly to your suicidal feelings, either because they are frightened, or angry; they may actually increase your pain instead of helping you, despite their intentions, by saying or doing thoughtless things. You have to understand that their bad reactions are about their fears, not about you

But there are people out there who can be with you in this horrible time, and will not judge you, or argue with you, or send you to a hospital, or try to talk you out of how badly you feel. They will simply care for you. Find one of them. Now. Use your 24 hours, or your week, and tell someone what’s going on with you. It is okay to ask for help

But don’t give yourself the additional burden of trying to deal with this alone. Just talking about how you got to where you are, releases an awful lot of the pressure, and it might be just the additional coping resource you need to regain your balance

-5-
    Suicidal feelings are, in and of themselves, traumatic. After they subside, you need to continue caring for yourself. Therapy is a really good idea. So are the various self-help groups available both in your community and on the internet
    >>>>>And by the way, Thank God for this LIFE<<<<<

Iam sorry i've written alot
    Thank you very much dream catcher

N R

التسجيل
    18-10-2004
    المشاركات

You might be under great pressure, and depression would drive you to think of suicide. But think about it this way, you suicide to "rest". If you know that HELL is your end, will you suicide

Islam is great, it prohibits suicide. We can't suicide, we are asked to be patient, and God will help us. Patience, believing in God and destiny, this is what you should hold yourself with.

Quran is a medicine for depression, and leaving it causes depression. If you have bad feelings, suicidal thoughts, just read Quran, listen to the Quran.

Inshallah everyone will realize that, before doing this "destructive" mistake.
    قال تعالى: "يا بني أقم الصلاة وامر بالمعروف وانه عن المنكر واصبر على ما اصابك ان ذلك من عزم الامور"

Die Weltgeschichte ist auch die Summe dessen, was vermeidbar gewesen waere

التسجيل
    14-07-2005
    الدولة
    في جانب النجوم
    المشاركات

I have known a lot of people who have wanted to kill themselves, so I have some small idea of what you might be feeling

that's what i wanna hear
    i need to know the opinion of some1 who actually known some body tried to suicide or have a suicidal feelings
    that's why posted this topic
    cuz where i come from suicide is kinda "taboo" no body talks about it

People often turn to suicide because they are seeking relief from pain. Remember that relief is a feeling. And you have to be alive to feel it. You will not feel the relief you so desperately seek, if you are dead

they consider suicide as the magical back door that's waiting 4 u to open it..but if u r a muslim and u know that this instant relief comes with a huge price-hell-will u exchange ur mortal life with eternal punishment??
    i don't think a sane man could do such thing
    they say Ppl commet suicide in moment of insanity and i agree with that

Some people will react badly to your suicidal feelings, either because they are frightened, or angry; they may actually increase your pain instead of helping you, despite their intentions, by saying or doing thoughtless things. You have to understand that their bad reactions are about their fears, not about you

i'm one of them and i can't help it

And by the way, Thank God for this LIFE

oh,thank god,thank god ,thank god

Iam sorry i've written alot

no, there is no need to be sorry
    i really enjoied reading ur comment
    thnx 4 ur time

You might be under great pressure, and depression would drive you to think of suicide. But think about it this way, you suicide to "rest". If you know that HELL is your end, will you suicide

that's what buging me
    i can't see what makes a muslim to do that

Islam is great, it prohibits suicide. We can't suicide, we are asked to be patient, and God will help us. Patience, believing in God and destiny, this is what you should hold yourself with.

Quran is a medicine for depression, and leaving it causes depression. If you have bad feelings, suicidal thoughts, just read Quran, listen to the Quran.

Inshallah everyone will realize that, before doing this "destructive" mistake.

i agree with you 100%
    thnx man

التسجيل
    22-07-2006
    الدولة
    يا صديقي في "الكويتيات" شيء من طباع البحر فادرس قبل أن تدخل في البحر طباعي
    المشاركات

اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة dream catcher مشاهدة المشاركة

my Q.is what drives a muslim to commet suicide although he knows what's waiting for who does such thing??
    اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة dream catcher مشاهدة المشاركة

Dream Catcher .. Amazing topic as expected

To answer your question I'll say WHY would a muslim commit suicide ? Does he NOT know what comes afterwards ?? does he not realize .. that to us, death is only beginning to an afterlife which God only knows about

Well , Maybe yes ... and maybe no..If the answer is yes .. then.. He doesn't believe in God .. nor does he have a little bit of education when it comes to religiouse matters .. We need to fix that .. We need to .. Educate ourselves .. Just so we are sure .. That we are on the right track...

The answer could be no!!! Some of us underestimate death .. way too often .. for example .. a word that you say atleast once a day " I'd rather die than do this .. " this is wrong ..

Instead of making death a joke to laugh at .. lets honor it .. with out good deeds and well preperation .. let us be good in our selves .. so our deaths become the best thing that had ever happend to us ..

Enough about death ... and let's start talking about our lives ... our bad habbits or actions .. could take somewhere .. we don't wanna be at .. like .. HELL <oooooooooooooh spoooky

Sorry .. focus, girl come on and focus ..
    anyway .. like smoking ?? for most of the guys .. smoking causes a lot of major health problems .. that might kill you at the end .. smoking is known as a way to slowly kill your self and die a painful death

about us girls .. we like to diet to keep ourselves fit .. some of us .. make a wrong turn .. and become anerexic .. which could kill us as well

what none of us really know is that life .. is a blessing .. that we aften take for granted ..

Example from my personal life .. I don't like to wait till I cross the street .. I like to just walk .. and make the cars stop .. I get hit by cars .. WAY TOO OFTEN! that it isn't really a big deal anymore

Thats bad .. and I'm trying to change that ....

my point is .. the more educated we are .. the more we're gonna love and believe that death is handled by god and it's not out choice to make ...

Sorry if what i wrote is irrelivant a little
    my mind isn't working properly today

التسجيل
    14-07-2005
    الدولة
    في جانب النجوم
    المشاركات

Well , Maybe yes ... and maybe no..If the answer is yes .. then.. He doesn't believe in God .. nor does he have a little bit of education when it comes to religiouse matters .. We need to fix that .. We need to .. Educate ourselves .. Just so we are sure .. That we are on the right track...
    i think they believe in god
    maybe they don't know that much about religion
    but they believe in god

some Ppl can't deal with the pressure so they choose
    the fast way to end every thing

The answer could be no!!! Some of us underestimate death .. way too often .. for example .. a word that you say atleast once a day " I'd rather die than do this .. " this is wrong ..

Instead of making death a joke to laugh at .. lets honor it .. with out good deeds and well preperation .. let us be good in our selves .. so our deaths become the best thing that had ever happend to us ..
    no one underestimates death
    but Ppl some times forget about it
    remind any one about death
    and see his reaction
    our problem is that we take our lives for granted
    like we gonna live forever

Example from my personal life .. I don't like to wait till I cross the street .. I like to just walk .. and make the cars stop .. I get hit by cars .. WAY TOO OFTEN! that it isn't really a big deal anymore

u need to wark on that

we don't wanna loose u girl

Sorry if what i wrote is irrelivant a little
    my mind isn't working properly today

try butting ur head in the fridge

!!who knows??that might work

التسجيل
    21-04-2006
    الدولة
    عمان - الأردن ( للدراسة )
    المشاركات

AS U SAID .. THE FAST WAY FOR RELIEF
    THE IDEA OF SUICIDE
    COMES IN A MOMENT OF THINKING .. BUT
    !! WITHOUT A MIND
    --------
    THANX A LOT DREAM CATCHER FOR THE WONDERFUL
    FREAKY TOPIC
    I REALLY ENJOYED READIN IT

تسلملي إبداعاتك يا حسونة

التسجيل
    14-07-2005
    الدولة
    في جانب النجوم
    المشاركات

THANX A LOT DREAM CATCHER FOR THE WONDERFUL
    FREAKY TOPIC

I REALLY ENJOYED READIN IT
    u r welcome man

??and if i didn't freak u out who will
    that's why i'm here dude
    thnx 4 passing by

التسجيل
    29-08-2005
    الدولة
    **In Angels City**
    المشاركات

I am really impressed by the article and the story which
    makes them aware that it is a lesson that there is no money,
    nor fame nor success is the path to happiness, but full of all
    this is to worship God, full comfort and reassurance comes to
    a Muslim when his heart filled with love of God and goodness
    As for your question how a Muslim can do it ?so I believe that
    the right Muslim is not insured more accurately estimated to
    think about the suicide ,either carries the name of Islam, it will
    only have the weakness in religious morals to make the crime
    In recent what you write I appreciate and wish you all the best
    I`m baaaaaaaack
    خخخخخخخخخ

التسجيل
    14-07-2005
    الدولة
    في جانب النجوم
    المشاركات

I am really impressed by the article and the story which

makes them aware that it is a lesson that there is no money,

nor fame nor success is the path to happiness, but full of all

this is to worship God, full comfort and reassurance comes to

a Muslim when his heart filled with love of God and goodness

As for your question how a Muslim can do it ?so I believe that

the right Muslim is not insured more accurately estimated to

think about the suicide ,either carries the name of Islam, it will

only have the weakness in religious morals to make the crime

In recent what you write I appreciate and wish you all the best

i agree with ya sis

thnx for passing by
    good thing to see some1 here
    beside the usual Ppl

keep it up

التسجيل
    05-10-2004
    الدولة
    GULF
    المشاركات

hi there
    First let me say that you posted a great topic.
    i tried onceto commit suicide, but i couldnt ..
    the only thing i was thinking of that time is My parents and Allah for sure..
    thanx aloot
    King of sorrow

التسجيل
    11-08-2005
    المشاركات

Salam 3alikum
    First of all thank you very much dream catcher
    for this interesting & wonderful subject
    The first question that might come to our minds
    I'm going to change a little bit
    the qustion you gave in the end of your topic
    Why Do muslims or some people in general Commit Suicide
    ?
    -----
    In one hand:
    In many cases suicidal thoughts are due to prolonged life
    circumstances of extreme stress, emotional upset, abuse, poverty,
    terrible living conditions, neglect, poor health, injury, disability
    . especially with no apparent hope of change or improvement

But
    What is not commonly known is that
    Suicidal thoughts are VERY ACTIVE and have tremendous emotional power !

They push you, urge you, compel you towards suicide.

In the other hand:
    when one's faith in Allah is weak
    when one is less confident in himself
    and when one have all the time a
    doubt in his capacities
    when one feels just like .. empty from the inside
    Suicidal thoughts just enter, they just come into one's mind on their own.

----------
    Thus every muslim have to believe in Allah
    to belive that Allah won't let you down
    that Allah is the most gracious & merciful
    replace the darkness & emptiness in your
    heart or mind with faith
    this is going to give you strenght & power
    and all the suicidal thoughts wouldn't find a place to enter

In a nut shell
    ::
    a person with a healthy brain/mind
    with a strong faith
    is not even going to think of suicide.

--------
    thanks again
    &
    I hope to see more of your wonderful topics
    ^^

سبحان الله وبحمده .. سبحان الله العظيم

التسجيل
    17-03-2014
    الدولة
    Earth
    المشاركات

مشاركة: suicide

Our life is a gift from the Al-mighty God, we have no right to terminate our life however we want...

Suicide is a demonic act in my opinion, it is better to live few days in pain than to spend your eternal life in
    Hell...May God have mercy upon us.

Depression is a serious mental illness that sometimes needs to be monitored closely, though, simple counselling is an easy way to treat minor depression. Life is very challenging and stressful, but God always provides us an exist in the midst of temptation. Don't forget that God is still alive and He is willing to listen to your problems and solve them, prayer is the best medicine for depression, and make sure you surround yourself with a supporting group of people.

Sometimes in life we come to point where we have to eliminate some friends from our list, always trust in God, for people are consistently changing but our God is always the same merciful God.

May God help every one who is passing through difficulties!

Angel

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •