الدولة
    There... Only when you need me
    المشاركات

Post How to Build Self Confidence

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

How're you doing everybody???
    Here I come with another intesresting topic
    Hope you like

You want to be confident and feel confident, but what if you're starting with little or no confidence?
    How do you get from Point A to Point B? True self-confidence isn't an overnight acquisition. It takes dedication to realize you are a good human being that is worthy of respect and love.

The Steps

Recognize your insecurities. What does in the back of your mind say? What makes you ashamed of yourself? This could be anything from acne, to regrets, to emotional abuse (past or present) from a loved one or friends at school. Whatever is making you feel unworthy, ashamed, or inferior, identify it, give it a name, and write it down.

Talk about it with friends and loved ones. Wear it on your sleeve. Each day chip away at it; wear it down. There's no quick fix. Get to the root of the problem; focus on it and understand that you need to resolve each issue before you can move on.

Remember that nobody is perfect. Even the most confident people have insecurities. At some point in any of our lives, we may feel we lack something. That is reality. Learn that life is full of bumps down the road.

Identify your successes. Everyone is good at something, so discover the things at which you excel, then focus on your talents. Give yourself permission to take pride in them. Give yourself credit for your successes. Inferiority is a state of mind in which you've declared yourself a victim. Do not allow yourself to be victimized.

Be thankful for what you have. A lot of the times, at the root of insecurity and lack of confidence is a feeling of not having enough of something, whether it's emotional validation, good luck, money, etc. By acknowledging and appreciating what you do have, you can combat the feeling of being incomplete and unsatisfied. Finding that inner peace will do wonders for your confidence.

Be Positive, even if you don't feel positive. Avoid self-pity, or the pity and sympathy of others. Never allow others to make you feel inferior--they can only do so if you let them. If you continue to loathe and belittle yourself, others are going to do and believe likewise. Instead, speak positively about yourself, about your future, and about your progress. Do not be afraid to project your strengths and qualities to others. By doing so, you reinforce those ideas in your mind and encourage your growth in a positive direction.

Look in the mirror and smile. Studies surrounding what's called the "facial feedback theory" suggest that the expressions on your face can actually encourage your brain to register certain emotions. So by looking in the mirror and smiling every day, you might feel happier with yourself and more confident in the long run.

Fake it. Along the same lines of smiling to make yourself feel happy, acting confident might actually make you believe it. Pretend you're a completely confident version of you; go through the motions and see how you feel.

Express yourself, whether it's through art, music, writing, etc. Find something you enjoy. Everyone is born with talents and strengths. You can develop and excel in yours. If it's difficult to name two or three things you have some ability in or just plain love to do, think about things others do that you would like to do too and take some lessons or join an enthusiasts club. When you're following your passion, not only will it have a therapeutic effect, but you'll feel unique and accomplished, all of which can help build your self confidence. Plus, adding a variety of interests to your life will not only make you more confident, but it will increase your chances of meeting compatible friends!

Stick to your principles. It might be tough, but if you don't have something you can believe in, you don't have anything. No matter what's happened in your life, you can always lay claim to the fact that from this day forward, you've followed your principles to the best of your ability.

Best Regards

Mustafa
    التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة MustafaMM ; 05-12-2007 الساعة 05:09 PM
    We're the next generation of this nation

(( سبحان الله وبحمده عدد خلقه ورضى نفسه وزنة عرشه ومداد كلماته ))

الصورة الرمزية Foxy.Rabbit
    Foxy.Rabbit غير متصل صاحب أفضل ثاني تصميم بالقسم الايطالي
    التسجيل
    26-06-2004
    الدولة
    beside you
    المشاركات

رد: How to Build Self Confidence

thank you

but I don't really believe in all these self improving ...methods
    I feel they're all the same, and don't really work

still, thanks anyway

التسجيل
    14-07-2005
    الدولة
    في جانب النجوم
    المشاركات

thank you

but I don't really believe in all these self improving ...methods
    I feel they're all the same, and don't really work

still, thanks anyway
    lo0ol..
    I was about to say that..
    they either say whats obvious, or they just simply go ..LOCO
    like the following:

Look in the mirror and smile. Studies surrounding what's called the "facial feedback theory" suggest that the expressions on your face can actually encourage your brain to register certain emotions. So by looking in the mirror and smiling every day, you might feel happier with yourself and more confident in the long run.

Fake it. Along the same lines of smiling to make yourself feel happy, acting confident might actually make you believe it. Pretend you're a completely confident version of you; go through the motions and see how you feel

anybody else thinks thats insane..?
    imagine waking up one morning to see your brother/father/sister/roommate..
    standing there in front of the mirror..smiling to himself

التسجيل
    07-02-2004
    الدولة
    المشاركات

First I'd like to thank everyone for dropping by

Second, I'd like to say to both of Foxy & Catcher, that jokes & not so serious discussions would be gladly welcomed at the English forum cafe or any other topics that serve this kind of socializing sense

Again I enjoyed reading your comments, But there's one thing I want to announce for both of you, You two seem to me highly educated individuals.
    So if you see in yourselves the enough confidence & courage to go through such serious discussions about my topic & circling around some real points which are not discussed out of enthusiasm, but out the perspectives of fully & highly educated grown ups, whom dedicated even a very short period of their time, reading & learning about my topic.. Then I'd love to have you in my msn account where we can free exchange each others' ideas....

Your brother
    Mustafa

التسجيل
    26-06-2004
    الدولة
    beside you
    المشاركات

ok ... *takes a big breath* ... you're welcome since I took part
    in the crime

to be honest, most of my discussions (online/real life) are mixed up with an amount of sarcastism ...
    if you looked at my answers there was some "sensible"meaning to it
    I didn't "bla bla" all the time ...did I ?

sorry, if I annoyed you in any way,
    my deepest apologies

your whole reply is smile-less, it's a bit intimidating
    sorry again
    التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة Foxy.Rabbit ; 09-12-2007 الساعة 08:56 PM

التسجيل
    26-01-2005
    الدولة
    ؛؛ .. فلســ(غزة)ــطين .. ؛؛
    المشاركات

Smile رد: How to Build Self Confidence

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Hey Mustafa... nice going here
    I finally read the whole topic and I'am finally replying here
    And extremly glad I did

I loved this thread ... It is needed for a huge number of people

؛؛ And if you dont mind

I'd like to add that people always associate confidence with success, people who succeed have displayed self assurance, they can talk in front of a crowd without cringing inwardly or becoming speechless with fright, they can talk to their bosses without stuttering, they believe they can do a project without much supervision they don’t get scared easily and can react with calm and composure in any upsetting situations

I mean being confident does not mean you have to be brash and offensive it simply means you can sail into any situation without having agonizing seizures of insecurities having confidence is separate from having self-esteem... Its about capability of doing something with panache
    .... Self-esteem has something to do with valuing yourself

And i'd like to share with you this 7 self-confidence steps that I read the other day online

-1-
    No matter how you feel at this very moment, picture yourself in the situation you want to be in. Really see yourself there in your minds eye being successful. If you are going for an interview picture yourself starting that job on the first day going into work happy and confident. If it is success in sport you desire play a movie through your mind of you scoring the winning goal, touchdown or points. In each situation imagine how it feels to be in that situation and hold those thoughts and feelings in your mind for as long as you can

-2-
    If at anytime you find a negative thought creeping in to your mind, and let's face it, it will happen. Deliberately and consciously let go of that negative thought and immediately put a positive thought into your mind. You might want to put a small photo in your wallet that creates a positive emotion in your mind: a holiday snap, wedding photo, successful business meeting or whatever. Each time you pull it out it will be like flicking the switch from negative to positive

-3-
    When faced with a problem, start to overcome it by first concentrating on what qualities or positives you do have at your disposal. It may be useful to write a list and make sure to include even the obvious and seemingly trivial positive points that you do have going for you. This will immediately take your focus off the negative thoughts of the problem and onto your own positive abilities. 'Always remember: 'If you think you can, you can

-4-
    Do not give any problem or negative situation anymore credit than it deserves. Do not build the problem up in your mind. Sometimes we build up a problem into a much greater thing than it really is through our fear of failure and worry. Realise the world will not stop spinning if you don't solve the problem straight-away, it may also pay to write the problem down so you can see it for what it actually is...not what you have built it up to be

-5-
    Find and develop your own set of affirmations that you can use and repeat to yourself at times when you are feeling particularly low. Repeating positive phrases with emotion can help change a negative thought pattern to a positive one. Here is a good one to start with ' I can do all things through God who strengthens me' a classic religious passage that really does instill belief

-6-
    Take a long hard look at your abilities and skills, assess them and their strength. Once you have done this raise your estimation of them all by at least 15%. After all the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts and it is important to develop a healthy belief in yourself

-7-
    If you have any sort of religous belief then relax and remember the power of the God that you believe in is all around you. Allow his power to flow through you freely and raise your self confidence through him. If God is for you who can possibly defeat you
    Thank you a lot Mustafa

God bless you

التسجيل
    07-02-2004
    الدولة
    المشاركات

اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة Foxy.Rabbit مشاهدة المشاركة
    ok ... *takes a big breath* ... you're welcome since I took part

in the crime

to be honest, most of my discussions (online/real life) are mixed up with an amount of sarcastism ...
    if you looked at my answers there was some "sensible"meaning to it
    I didn't "bla bla" all the time ...did I ?

sorry, if I annoyed you in any way,
    my deepest apologies

your whole reply is smile-less, it's a bit intimidating
    sorry again

No not at all, It's the complete opposite
    I didn't even for a second think that you're being annoying nor sarcastism..
    That's number one
    Number two, What crime are you talking about? You simply told us about your opinion & I was honoured for reading them, so they were not "bla bla" I mean non-sense or anything like that at all
    Third & last, you need not to worry about a thing, you seem to be pretty good in English, & able to put on a fine English discussion, so I'd love to see more of your participations & enlightening topics...

Your brother
    Mustafa

التسجيل
    07-02-2004
    الدولة
    المشاركات

Dear brother Ahmad
    Your reply had doubled the benefit of my topic
    And made it so interesting and organized
    Thank you so much for that

التسجيل
    26-06-2004
    الدولة
    beside you
    المشاركات

اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة MustafaMM مشاهدة المشاركة
    No not at all, It's the complete opposite

I didn't even for a second think that you're being annoying nor sarcastism..
    That's number one
    Number two, What crime are you talking about? You simply told us about your opinion & I was honoured for reading them, so they were not "bla bla" I mean non-sense or anything like that at all
    Third & last, you need not to worry about a thing, you seem to be pretty good in English, & able to put on a fine English discussion, so I'd love to see more of your participations & enlightening topics...

Your brother

Mustafa

, Dear Mustafa

I got your messege, and I have to thank you
    for clearing things up

I really enjoy discussions, especially with
    those of the opposite opinion

but maybe we took your topic a bit, jusst a bit lightly
    not intentionally, though

you may contact
    نكاش روس
    for further information