النتائج 1 إلى 1 من 1

الموضوع: Introduction about Idioms + Guessing Game

التسجيل
    22-08-2008
    الدولة
    In My Dreams
    المشاركات

Smile Introduction about Idioms + Guessing Game

Hello my dear friends How are you all?? I hope you are doing more than great and happy exactly like this

In this topic Inshallah, I'm going to discuss a very important part of English language that will help you a lot in improving and enriching your English Language. In addition, it's gonna reflect to the English native speakers how good is your English.
    We all know that English speakers use informal language, casual English, that is full with phrasal verbs, slangs, idioms, etc when they speak or write to their friends, family and so on. So, my topic for today will be about Idioms. Are you ready? I hope so. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s start
    I'm very sure that the first question will come directly to your mind is “What’s the definition of the word, Idioms
    ?
    Idiom simply means an expression whose meaning is not predictable from the usual meanings of its constituent elements. In other words, it has a hidden meaning. For example, "Rome wasn't built in one day" it's an idiom simply mean all the great works take or need time to finish. Let me put it in a sentence for you to clarify it more. Sara: when are you going to finish designing our room? Jessica: be patient Sara, Rome wasn't built in one day.
    English language is full with idioms and it's really exciting to discover the hidden meaning of any idiom. Between you and me, I'm in love with Idioms; I actually opened a community page in Facebook specialized about idioms . I have an idea, let's play a game called "Guess the meaning of my idiom" I'm very sure it will help us a lot in enriching our English language.The rules of my game are very very easy and any one can do it.
    Rule number one: Try to guess the hidden meaning of your friend's idiom.
    Rule number two: Post your favorite idiom or any idiom you like to share it with us.
    Rule number three: you can play this game more than once.
    I'll start
    what is the hidden meaning of the idiom,
    I have butterflies in my stomach?
    ^_^
    Waiting for your participation
    I wish you understand my first educational lesson about Idioms. If you want to ask me any question about Idioms, I will be right here Inshallah

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة FREEDOM GIRL ; 11-08-2010 الساعة 04:58 AM
    When we wake up in the morning. We have two simple choices, go back to sleep and dream,or wake up and
    chase those dream *choice is yours

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. Idioms .. Renewed every day
    بواسطة : Mr.Rayan , في اللغة الإنجليزية English Language
    مشاركات: 8
    آخر مشاركة: 13-07-2009, 05:49 PM
  2. ( The Guessing game ( 1
    بواسطة : joethehunter , في اللغة الإنجليزية English Language
    مشاركات: 5
    آخر مشاركة: 08-11-2005, 05:13 AM
  3. Egyptian Arabic- English Idioms
    بواسطة : mohamedansary72 , في اللغة الإنجليزية English Language