صفحة 2 من 2 الأولىالأولى 12
النتائج 16 إلى 27 من 27

الموضوع: Is love an emotion or a choice? a discussion

التسجيل
    03-04-2002
    المشاركات
    A debatable topic...

An emotion or a choice?....Well, I believe it's neither one of them.
    My question is: Does love (in the way mentioned) exists? If it does who can prove it?
    I don't believe it does....
    been makin posts since birth, cautious cuz im cursed
    and fantasies of a family in a hearse
    and they say its the admins i should fear...
    but its the mods doin all the post reportin here...
    oh my lord
    tell me wat im postin for
    everybody spammin, got me re-reregisterin on da board
    reccollect ur posts dont get caught up in the mix
    cuz the forum is full of dirty tricks
    only God can judge me!!

التسجيل
    24-01-2004
    الدولة
    Yemen
    المشاركات

مشاركة: Is love an emotion or a choice? a discussion

salam alikom brothers/sisters

frankly and true frankly

regarding life experience i say it is an emotion

let's think it is a choice .... it become like something u buy ..use it for a while then u throw it

real love .... happens suddenly without any choices

emotion .....emotion

thank u brother ..... debate wala araw3

التسجيل
    04-11-2004
    الدولة
    OUTER HEAVEN
    المشاركات

u don't notice that u r in love with that one from the first but when u start to feel jelious when u see him walking or even talking to someone
    Him ahmed???? is it a him u r in love with??????? just kidding..don't take it personal brother... I got your point.. and I agree with you.
    Hi all, I respect all your point of views, and I'm sure everyone of you looks at it in a certain way for either a reason or an experience
    true same here guys...its all about the respect and being open minded
    I do agree that love is an emotion that takes over your heart and controls your feelings for a certain extent, but when I get to think about it, I don't love some one just like that, I love a person for a reason, or many reasons. So why did my heart select him among all the others? there must'v been something that attracted me and made me fall in love! and this is the choice you make when you love someone, even if you'v chosen him but you don't even know that, you choose him because you liked certain things that you found very special! That's why once you get to know this person better and discover things that you don't like about him or shock you with his reactions, and disappoint you in some situations, , you can either choose to let go coz you think you deserve better, or continue for the sake of love, and this is where you find yourself too weak
    I think I got your point now...yeah you make more sense this time
    Just....
    just follow ur feeling....
    we have a famous saying in arabic: خير الكلام ما قل و دل... it means the best words are the shortest with the biggest meaning...that's what you did right now...thanks for joining us in this subject... and how's the weather in China these days?? I heard from one of my friends who are originally from Hong Kong that its great these days
    A debatable topic...
    that's why I posted it here
    An emotion or a choice?....Well, I believe it's neither one of them.
    My question is: Does love (in the way mentioned) exists? If it does who can prove it?
    I don't believe it does....
    alright now that's a totally different opinion.....hmm let me tell you something....weren't Tidus and Yuna lovers??? I think they are the perfect lovers......maybe that won't help cuz their love is nothing but a set of computer langugage commands along with some graphics and sounds....lol....all packed up in a cd....there are lots of true examples in real life..... I admit that at a certain point, I started thinking of it the same way you do now. Before I went through my first experience, I didn't believe in it ( you all know what I'm talking about right? I'm not talking about love from our parents and family..etc.) and after my first experience ended I went through an "EMOTIONAL CRISIS" or even worse that lasted for about.....less than a year... a little bit less than a year. during that year I used to think that all girls are monsters and that love is the biggest love in reality and all that stuff... ...I'm pretty sure you are going through either the first situation which is you never loved before,or the second one, which is you had a bad experience and you're still in the shock..trust me...I guarantee that you will think of it differently in the future.
    salam alikom brothers/sisters
    wa 3alaykom al salam
    I'm talking to you in msn messenger right now..looool...anyways back to our subject.
    regarding life experience i say it is an emotion

let's think it is a choice .... it become like something u buy ..use it for a while then u throw it
    I can't agree with you more....
    I bet you all are wondering how I agree with all of you... lol.. I think that everyone of you has a point... and that point is part of what I believe in....soon in sha Allah you all will know my real opinion about this subject.
    Thank you all for participating in this subject... and a big thanks to my lovely **..AhMeD..** and Another_one

Some stories can't be told by words...Some Legends are Meant to Die...Some Bloodlines must come to an end..

calgary_dude سابقاً

التسجيل
    04-11-2004
    الدولة
    OUTER HEAVEN
    المشاركات

by the way..that's not the end of the discussion. if anybody else wants to join us they are more than welcome

Some stories can't be told by words...Some Legends are Meant to Die...Some Bloodlines must come to an end..

calgary_dude سابقاً

التسجيل
    24-01-2004
    الدولة
    Yemen
    المشاركات

you all will know my real opinion about this subject

????when will u say that

hope u say it soooon

thank u dear brother

التسجيل
    08-10-2004
    المشاركات

Alsalam 3aleekom all...

Thank you so much brother for this topic which is certainly helpful for all of us cuz all contrubutions were really worth reading and thinking..

I liked the subject and I wanted to share my humble opinion with you all....although it's not a matter of opinion as much as a life experience I guess......

I will appreciate any constructive comments on what I will write whether it's related to my opinion or to my English....

Now, I think that love is an emotion as well as a choice.... sure in the very begining of love we found ourselves attracted to the other person for some reason or another, so we feel that we are dominated by this emotion which makes us somehow paralyzed....unable to judge or balance things properly ...yet over time, you get to know the other person more and more...as if the clouds that are covering your eyes tend to disperse and your vision starts to be clearer......at this stage, love become a matter of choice in which you might see that your emotions from the very begining were directed to the right person who you want to share the rest of your life with in all its details

Or, (here is the difficult and painful part) you might wonder if you are making the right choice and whether you are compatible or not!!!! and so many other confusing feelings...though you have to make a move. .. and this move is your choice or decision to continue or walk away

After all, it's not easy to control your emotions...although we think we do.... yet we should keep in mind that there are facts in our life that we can never change no matter how hard we try.....things might go against our desires or emotions

And pay attention all, sometimes we are addicted to be with someone whom we mistakely think we are in
    love with..... that is you got used to have a certain person with you most of the time and you no longer can decide whether it's love or something else....

At last, we will be with the one whom Allaha wants us to be with.

Hope that my contribution adds even a little thing to all your valuable thoughts and opinions and worths reading

ALLAH Bless you all

Best Regards

التسجيل
    03-04-2002
    المشاركات

اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة calgary_dude

alright now that's a totally different opinion.....hmm let me tell you something....weren't Tidus and Yuna lovers??? I think they are the perfect lovers......maybe that won't help cuz their love is nothing but a set of computer langugage commands along with some graphics and sounds....lol....all packed up in a cd....there are lots of true examples in real life..... I admit that at a certain point, I started thinking of it the same way you do now. Before I went through my first experience, I didn't believe in it ( you all know what I'm talking about right? I'm not talking about love from our parents and family..etc.) and after my first experience ended I went through an "EMOTIONAL CRISIS" or even worse that lasted for about.....less than a year... a little bit less than a year. during that year I used to think that all girls are monsters and that love is the biggest love in reality and all that stuff... ...I'm pretty sure you are going through either the first situation which is you never loved before,or the second one, which is you had a bad experience and you're still in the shock..trust me...I guarantee that you will think of it differently in the future.

[/color][/color][/color]
    Well.....I would choose to change my name anyday. + you can't really be sure that they were in L**e (I hate using a word I don't believe in )
    As I stated earlier, if you can't prove the existence of something then you can't say it exists.
    I believe it is more of a way of thinking, the human mind is a very complicated thing. It tells you to believe something that doesn't exist. Actually, one would WANT to believe in it to escape from reality, and if one can't control his mind then how can he control him/herself?
    been makin posts since birth, cautious cuz im cursed
    and fantasies of a family in a hearse
    and they say its the admins i should fear...
    but its the mods doin all the post reportin here...
    oh my lord
    tell me wat im postin for
    everybody spammin, got me re-reregisterin on da board
    reccollect ur posts dont get caught up in the mix
    cuz the forum is full of dirty tricks
    only God can judge me!!

التسجيل
    03-01-2005
    الدولة
    Disconnected><
    المشاركات

Dear spring time
    whether u r a sister or a brother
    i liked what u wrote
    i really did
    very sensible
    very logical
    very truthful
    i can say: vet right( though this is a mistake in English

yet over time, you get to know the other person more and more...as if the clouds that are covering your eyes tend to disperse and your vision starts to be clearer

yeah
    thats right
    u r right
    its really the case
    we really get to know others by time
    and day by day,, we start to know some hidden facts that we'v never thought of
    ..that we'v never expected
    and still, they would lie and say things that r not much into reality
    i would really like to thank u for what u'v written
    and i congratulate u for ur English
    u speak excellent English
    i appreciate that

سبحان الله و الحمد لله و لا اله الا الله و الله أكبر
    لا اله الا انت سبحانك اني كنت من الظالمين

التسجيل
    08-07-2004
    الدولة
    EgYpT
    المشاركات

Love is an emotion

YOU HAVE TO DEFINE LOVE 1ST
    just to know if it is an emotion or a choice
    i don't like to call it a CHOICE
    choices are made by our minds+our
    experiences in life
    emotion = ur feelings = ur heart

anyways

What is love? When we claim that it's love that we have for someone,are we correct?

Does your heart ache and break when they're sad
    Then it's love

Do you cry for their pain, even when they're strong
    Then it's love

Do their eyes see your true heart, and touch your soul so deeply it hurts
    Then it's love

Do you stay because a blinding, incomprehensible mix of pain and relation pulls you close and holds you there
    Then it's love

Do you accept their faults because they're a part of who they are
    Then it's love

Are you attracted to others, but stay with them faithfully without regret
    Then it's love

Would you give them your heart, your life, your death
    Then it's love

Are your palms sweaty, is your heart racing and is your voice caughtwithin your chest?
    Then it's love

Are you proud of them
    Then it's love
    Are you there because it's what everyone wants It's a Choice

Do you stay for their confessions of love, because you don't want to hurt them
    It's a Choice

Do you belong to them because their sight makes your heart skip a beat
    It's a Choice

Do you pardon their faults because you care about them
    It's a Choice
    Do you tell them every day they are the only one you think of

It's A Lie

Are you willing to give all of your favourite things for their sake

it's charity

and thanx for the sweet topic

التسجيل
    04-11-2004
    الدولة
    OUTER HEAVEN
    المشاركات

Thank you so much brother for this topic which is certainly helpful for all of us cuz all contrubutions were really worth reading and thinking..
    You are more than welcome
    Or, (here is the difficult and painful part) you might wonder if you are making the right choice and whether you are compatible or not!!!! and so many other confusing feelings...though you have to make a move. .. and this move is your choice or decision to continue or walk away
    compatible?! looool.... nice expression
    I think you cleared out your point to everybody and I really like your opinion about it.....
    Well.....I would choose to change my name anyday. + you can't really be sure that they were in L**e (I hate using a word I don't believe in )
    As I stated earlier, if you can't prove the existence of something then you can't say it exists.
    I believe it is more of a way of thinking, the human mind is a very complicated thing. It tells you to believe something that doesn't exist. Actually, one would WANT to believe in it to escape from reality, and if one can't control his mind then how can he control him/herself
    I still insist brother...its a matter of time....please send me a private message in sha allah if we are still alive when this time comes...

experiences in life
    the way you defined emotion and choice is simple, right and is exactly one needs for this topic
    Are you willing to give all of your favourite things for their sake

it's charity
    loooooool...nope I don't agree with you on this one....its true love when you sacrifice everything for them
    Do you tell them every day they are the only one you think of

It's A Lie
    Believe me, sometimes that happened to me..I don't think its a lie at all
    the way you described the actions and you divided them into emotion(love), choice and other stuff including lie and charity really drew my attention because you are thinking of it a little in a different way than the others or maybe giving more details about how you think of it....you really impressed me...thanks alot for sharing your opinion with us
    and thanx for the sweet topic
    >>>>oops she's talking about the topic!!!! its nothing

calgary_dude سابقاً

التسجيل
    08-10-2004
    المشاركات

Thanks alot calgary-dude

Thank you soooo much Makkawea... I truly appreciate what you wrote about my contribution... very encouraging
    I really like your contributions as well in this forum, I admire your English
    Believe me ... this is not a compliment... it's the truth
    Keep up the active presence you 've got

Thank you all

التسجيل
    04-11-2004
    الدولة
    OUTER HEAVEN
    المشاركات

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

First of all, I would like to thank everybody for participating in this topic ( I hope you all enjoyed it). To conclude the whole topic, I will get some quotes from you guys ( the ones that I'm convinced with) and add some more to them and that will be my opinion about the whole subject:

i don't like to call it a CHOICE
    experiences in life

sure in the very begining of love we found ourselves attracted to the other person for some reason or another, so we feel that we are dominated by this emotion which makes us somehow paralyzed....unable to judge or balance things properly ...yet over time, you get to know the other person more and more...as if the clouds that are covering your eyes tend to disperse and your vision starts to be clearer......at this stage, love become a matter of choice in which you might see that your emotions from the very begining were directed to the right person who you want to share the rest of your life with in all its details
    exactly...it starts off as a feeling and there must be a choice to be taken

I guess that's it....and I really thank everybody for sharing their opinions and especially springtime who described exactly the right thing ( at least to me) and I can tell that he or she is experienced in this subject

و السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

calgary_dude سابقاً

صفحة 2 من 2 الأولىالأولى 12

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •